Season 3, Part 9

"Sorry I'm late." Premier Zackly was the last to come in to this confidential higher-ups meeting. This was the day after we visited the Commandant, and this was one of the last meetings I had to go to before we headed off towards the reclamation mission. There were very few things to address now, thankfully.

"Well? Have we've discovered what's in the container?" he asked, sitting down and entwining his fingers.

"The thing is, with our technology, I'm afraid we can't dig much deeper. Like we've heard from Eren and Historia, it seems to originate from some human bodily fluid. However, it vaporizes when being exposed to air, making analysis difficult. Whoever made it must have had technology far superior to ours. If it was the Reiss family, I can't imagine how.." said Hange, explaining their findings and data.

"In that case, instead of tampering with it, we should use it to achieve our current objective." Commander Pixis suggested.

"But who do we trust it to? Erwin, to you?" Premier Zackly then asked. "No," he held his amputated arm.

"I'm no more than a wounded soldier. This box belongs with one of our elite soldiers who has the best odds of survival." he denied, shaking his head and holding the stump of his arm with his remaining one.

"I'll take it." I volunteered, stepping forward. "No, despite your quick-thinking and skills, you can be reckless at times. I'm sorry. Levi, would you take it?" Erwin declined, asking Levi instead.

I stepped back, a bit surprised. "If it's an order, just say so. Why even ask the question?" Levi shrugged, looking at the large man. "We can't predict in what situation we'll have to use this. We'll be relying on you to make a decision on the fly. Judging when and who to use it on will be for you to choose." Erwin warned.

"If this dream of yours comes true, what will you do then?" Levi asked with a raised eyebrow and concerned expression. Erwin hesitated for a moment.

"I.. don't know. I won't until it happens." he honestly stated.

"I see.. Alright, I'll do it." Levi agreed with a nod.

So it was decided. The possession of the syringe would be in Levi's hands. "By the way, I'd like to unveil that work of mine soon. Have you've given it thought?" Zackly moved onto his own personal matter to address. 

"You still haven't given up on that? If the public saw that repulsive display, trust in the military would hit rock bottom." Pixis groaned, tired of Zackly bringing up the subject again and again. "You don't know art when you see it." he stubbornly retaliated.

"I don't think so, Premier, I agree with Commander Pixis." I said in a doubtful manner, sucking on a stick of candy, tossing my ponytail over my shoulder. "At first glance of it myself I barfed on the spot- what sort of person would have such sick pleasures as yours? No offense-"

That meeting ended up being useless, and ended early. I trained for the next few hours, napped, then headed on down to dinner. Tonight I was sitting with Levi, Erwin, Hange, and the others.

~2 Nights Before the Night to Retake Wall Maria~

This was the very last meeting calling all the Squad Leaders. I was invited, despite being the Co-Captain of my squad, but I was "special." I leaned against the wall next to Levi, who was sitting, while I played with the chain of my locket in between my fingers.

"...In other words, Grisha Yeager is likely a human who came from outside the walls." Erwin finished the report Hange and I had filed together for Erwin.

"Yes. Just like Annie, Reiner, and Bertholdt, he possessed the Power of the Titans. But different from those three, he was supportive of humanity within the walls." Hange added.