Season 4, Part 13

We headed out the next morning after loading up gear and supplies, and met up with the Marleyan forces.

I couldn't show myself, so I sat in one of the carts with the two kids, Annie Leonhart, and Connie, while the Cart went and retrieved Jean, Yelena, and Onyankopon. When we heard four shots from Jean we would leave and meet up with the four, and the Marleyan forces.

It was successful, and we met up at the forest that evening. It was awkward, as we sat around the fire as Hange stirred the stew. 

When we arrived I saw Levi in a devastated state, bandages around most of his face, and tied to a cart.

"Dear lord... what did Zeke do to you??" I asked in disbelief. He was fast asleep, so I didn't disturb him, simply sat next to him and stroke his hair.

"Why is she so affectionate to him?" Gabi asked, a bit awkward.

"Captain Levi and I have been dating for 4 years, and we have a three year old son." I simply answered, not looking away from Levi.

"Instead of staring each other down, could some of you help me?" Hange asked. I decided to use my natural charm to bring each other together, even if we were enemies.

"Sure Hange!" I got up, smiling, skipping over. "Hey, Reiner, could you hand me some of those vegetables?" I asked him from across the fire.

"H-Huh? Sure..." He jumped, being a bit insecure. Well, I did try to kill him 4 years ago, so it was weird that I was being nice to him now.

As he collected the ingredients, I went over to Annie.

"I only met you once, in your Titan Form when you stole Eren 4 years ago. Then I sliced you up, if you remember, but I wasn't 100% there for when you were captured because you had injured me. Anyway, I'm Valeri Fleur, Lieutenant of the Special Operations Squad. Nice to meet you, Annie!" I smiled at her and held out my hand.

She gave me a weird look, and awkwardly shook my head. "Yeah, I remember when Instructor Shadis had you come over and lecture us, barely." she mumbled.

Reiner came back with the vegetables and handed me them quickly. "Thanks, Reiner!" I grinned at him, heading back to Hange and putting the vegetables in the soup. 

"Mhm... Say Valeri, do you still have that locket of yours...?" he asked me, looking for it around my neck. "Of course I do. Why wouldn't I?" I asked him curiously, tilting my head.

"Oh... nothing." he muttered, turning away.

Jean and the General from Marley had started arguing, which I ignored because it was pointless to even listen.

Hange soon shut them up anyway. When Hange finished, the girl Annie spoke.

"And so... you can kill him now?" She looked at Mikasa.

"What?" asked Armin with a confused expression.

"Can you kill Eren?" she repeated, asking the 104th cadets.

"A-Ah... well... um.. I really love Eren like a sibling, b-but.." I stuttered. I couldn't kill people close to me, even if they had betrayed me. 

"Killing Eren isn't the only way to stop him." Mikasa finally responded.

"Yeah, I thought you'd say that. Then what?" Annie shrugged, rolling her eyes. "Are you going to convince him? Is the kind of person who tries to commits mass murder really going to have a mind you can change that easily?"

"We don't know. Not until we talk to Eren..." Armin muttered.

"Okay. Then say you're able to speak with him. What are you going to do if he still doesn't decide to stop this genocide? Don't you think we should have a last resort in mind?"