Season 3, Part 8

~2 Months Later~
At this point most people we knew know about Levi and our relationship now. Most people had totally different reactions. Some said "I knew you two would come together" while others responded with "What? But you two are so different I can't possibly believe it!"

We've also discovered new "things" about each other, on the inside and out- literally and metaphorically. However, most of the time on the outside during the day we appeared as if we were simply acquaintances that politely greeted the other every time we came into contact like coworkers. No one who's known us less than 6 months can guess we were even in a relationship. 

Anyway, Levi helped out making an orphanage on the surface with Historia for orphans from the underground. She's more known as the "cattle farming queen" but in a good way, because she's improved the system so much.

Eren's experiments have been going well, his hardening skills are fantastic. With them Hange has made a new Titan killing weapon, called the "Executioner from Hell." Now Titans can be killed day and night without any soldiers dying. These experiments are helping Eren, but they're so often that they're putting a toll on his body.

A lot of secret unauthorized weapons were found in the care of the interior police, including the Thunder Spears, which Hange put into finishing their development as she saw them as useful for the reclamation of Wall Maria. Turns out, they're super useful.

I don't know how it went from simple Titan killing on expeditions with 4 friends in my squad, and crushing on Captain Levi, to having my childhood friends and their fellow graduating trainee friends on my squad, with Captain Levi as my partner. And we're on our way to reclaiming Wall Maria!

It's only been around 4 months, probably, I haven't been keeping count. 4 months since the battle of Trost. It's really felt more like 4 years- we've progressed so much in just a short amount of time.

Bertholdt and Reiner are still on the loose though, and the Beast Titan. We still don't know who that is.

The day we go off onto reclaiming Wall Maria comes closer. Since the battle where we lost half our veterans saving Eren, Eren has been getting more and more depressed. Nowadays he barely shows any emotion anymore. He isn't the Eren I used to know. Everyone has been trying to cheer him up, but it hasn't been working.

I think the day he started acting like this was at Historia's coronation. When Historia stopped by him and he kissed her hand, he froze for a good few seconds, and for a moment I caught a glimpse of the most horrified expression on his face. Dunno what that's about but since that day his mood has been down.

~One Evening, at the Mess Hall~
"We can win! We can beat em! With the new weapons, the Titans will crumble like paper!" Marlo excitedly exclaimed after I told him about the new weapon Hange invented. He was recruited in the emergency recruitment for the Wall Maria mission.

A lieutenant like me is usually supposed to sit at the higher up's table, but I alternate between sitting with Levi, Hange, Erwin, the other squad leaders, and my own squad.

"You're so damn worked up. Only you would be happy about becoming a Scout." Jean groaned. 

"I was happy becoming a Scout-" I spoke up. "Yeah Valeri but you were badass from the start along with your wacky superhuman powers so you don't count." Jean silenced.

"That's right! Didn't Hitch try to stop you from joining?" Sasha questioned Marlo with curiosity.

 "Hitch? Why should she?" Marlo asked.

"Cause she's a thirsty girl, and you're a tall glass of water~" Sasha replied, she and Connie snickering. I choked on my mug of water and nearly burst out laughing, but I kept myself composed- I was supposed to be a role model after all, but despite nearly being 20 soon I still acted like a giggly teenage girl.