Season 3, Part 2

The next morning we carried out the plan.

Jean didn't exactly agree to it but it was the best idea we had, so he grudgingly went with it.

We walked out of an alleyway into the public with our cloaks, where there were flags and such everywhere. It was the anniversary of the King's coronation, and food was hauled out to people to bait them. Such weaklings.

After a bit of walking, I slowly but surely felt vibrations from behind closing in on us.

"Everyone! Move out of the way!" Levi shouted. A wagon bustled right through us, and people grabbed Jean and Armin, who were disguised as Eren and Historia.

"Armi- I mean Christa and Eren! They got snatched away again!" Sasha shouted, nearly giving us away.

The real Eren and Historia were in another wagon with a cover, hiding them. Hopefully they don't get found out. I went to my position, to follow with my part of the plan.

Levi would meet up with me to check on the carriage while or after Mikasa, Connie and Sasha saved Jean and Armin, as I watched the wagon with the real Eren and Historia with the members of Hange's squad. He would be here soon now.

I was sitting on a rooftop with the red haired girl, who's name I had learned to be Nifa, when Levi finally arrived.

"Well?" He asked us. "The road is crowded, but nothing unusual." Nifa reported. The other member of Hange's squad were on the roof across from us.

"Levi, how skilled were the kidnappers?" I asked him. "They were merely amateurs. I let the others deal with them, they didn't need my help." Levi told me.

I frowned. My suspicions were becoming even clearer. Military police? Amateur kidnappers? I knew someone who used these sort of tactics, but I was sure he was probably long dead by now. Could it be...?

"Oh, and how was the body double mission?" Nifa asked.

"A success." Levi answered.

"Yet, you don't look too happy about it." Nifa frowned. I knew he would be. He had a strange look on his face. The military police wouldn't use amateurs, they're way too arrogant. I'm sure now. This is definitely the work of... dear old Uncle Kenny. Oh, hooray.

I also suspected Levi learning from Kenny. Everything he did was the same as Kenny's moves. 

"Captain, lieutenant, the wagon's almost moving again." Nifa reported.

What he said next, heavily proved I was right, what he told Nifa and I. "Nifa, Valeri, have you've heard about Kenny the Ripper?" He asked. I froze. Where was Levi going with this?

"The mass murderer in the Capital? The one who slit the throats of over 100 Military Police? That's just an urban legend from years ago, right?" She asked curiously.

I laughed out loud, slapping my knee. "What? No, he's real all right!" I assured her. "Yes, the stories are true." Levi added.

"I lived with him when I was a kid." He said next. 

I froze. "Wait, so that's why all your moves are like his!?" I nearly shouted from surprise, leaning in close to him. "Wait... you knew Valeri? Why do your moves resemble his as well?" Levi asked me, his eyes widening a bit.

"I lived with him too! He's my Uncle, the friend of my parents, I lied about my past Levi." I told him, clasping my hands on his shoulders.

We were both shocked with each other. "What? Why are you two even saying this? You're both joking, right?" Nifa asked, confused.