Season 4, Part 3

In early March, I was back to my health from directly before the reclamation of Wall Maria. I was cheery and social again, and I had mastered using the new gear and weapons.

I had talked to Hange and had my own specialized sword grips made so that I could be even faster than before. Instead of training for Titans, we were training for humans.

Levi and I were the only ones that wanted to keep using our old ODM gear models, so we had ours modified so they could fit to the new uniforms and also be easier, faster, and more efficient to use by the engineers.

Once we finished the new port, it's been a full year. Three years since the battle of Shiganshina, and a year since Eren lifted Yelena's ship.

As for Leo, he could now talk a little bit (he said 'Mama' before he learned 'Dada' HAHA SUCKS FOR YOU LEVI!) and actually crawled for the first time a few days ago. Levi squad didn't have anything to do then so I let them babysit Leo (as long as they weren't too rowdy) while Levi and I did our work. Levi and I came back to see them cheering and clapping as Leo stumbled around proudly.

Mikasa, as Leo's aunt by blood seemed to be attached to him the most- as well as obviously being Leo's favorite besides from Eren. Leo's hair and eye colored changed and he started to look more like Levi- except for having my blue eyes. Levi also kept insisting that he had his hair styled in an undercut like him for some reason.

With every chance we had, Levi enjoyed the experiences he had with Leo. He always smiled every time he played and fed him, and Levi's overall mood improved as he seemed happier and softer. He was still as strict as ever on cleaning, though! It really seemed like he had something to live for now.

We made sure to enjoy every interaction we got with our son, as we knew one day we'd have to send him away to live with Historia at her orphanage. Historia actually came and visited a few months ago, and got to interact with Leo as we told her our plans for him.

The port was now finished and the new ODM gear was being mastered by the new Scouts who had joined our ranks. Levi and I were the main ones helping the new Scouts use the gear while Hange explained how they worked to them beforehand.

Even though we didn't fight Titans anymore, we still practiced Titan killing exercises with the newbies like old times, and made it incredibly clear to them that we would still be fighting Titans.

Floch was the only one who didn't like Leo. Probably because he picked him up when he was 4 months old and puked all over him. Another time Leo made a mess in his tent and got his.. diaper contents.. all over his clothes. I mean it WAS funny but Levi made sure our squad (including myself) didn't use Leo to harass Floch like that.

Anyway, today we were gonna get our first foreign visitors today to help us trade around the world.

"I haven't seen you since you lifted our entire ship! I look forward to working with you." Yelena said cheerfully, holding her hand out to Eren. Levi stepped in front of him and pushed her hand away, though. "No, he'll never come in contact with any of you again. This brief meeting is as far as we'll go." Levi firmly told her, with me standing behind him holding Leo in my arms.

"That's plenty! That makes today an auspicious day! After all, the port is complete, and we're welcoming our first foreign visitors! From the one nation in the world friendly to Paradis. Hizuru." Yelena said happily, not minding Levi's statement. She then looked in my direction.

"So that's your son? My, he sure looks a lot like Levi except for the eyes. He's quite the cute little guy!" she leaned down and smiled at him.

"Haha, yeah he sure is.." I smiled awkwardly, holding Leo closer to my chest. Leo whimpered and widened his eyes, terrified at Yelena for her huge height. Levi growled and pulled Yelena back by her shirt. He was two feet shorter than her, but it made no difference in terms of strength.