Season 4, Part 16

2 nights later, we arrived at the Marleyan continent at night. My wounds had healed to just scabs surprisingly quickly.

The Rumbling thankfully hadn't reached Hizuru yet. We hauled the flying boat into a warehouse for Hizuru's engineers to prepare.

Some of Levi's wounds didn't need bandages anymore, so we removed some of them. They didn't cover his mouth now. However, he still needed rest, so we didn't let him help out much.

The boy, Falco, was doing well. His family back in Liberio is Marley were already all dead, probably, considering that's where Eren headed first, along with Commander Magath's death. 

He wasn't taking it well, so he, Pieck, and Gabi stayed on the ship to comfort him.

Armin, Hange and I, the smartest of the group, started helping the engineers, while the others took off the ropes and covers of the flying boat, following our instructions. Everything was going well so far.

For other news, I caught Armin talking with Annie. He probably liked her, so I teased him about it.

"Oo~ Armin, getting your game on, huh? World's ending so you gotta repopulate, huh? First you steal Bertholdt's power, now his girl!"

He sighed and elbowed me. "Stop that, Valeri. Now's not the time for jokes."

However, he grinned a bit. "I'm glad you're not too affected by this like past times, though."

Mikasa had her scarf, but she stopped wearing it. I decided it would be best not to question her about it. I already knew the answer to why she wasn't wearing it anyway.

I went back inside the ship for a moment to see Levi struggling to walk, holding onto the handles in the hallway. "Levi!" I ran over to him. "What in the world are you doing?"

"I'm going to help out, obviously." He told me, still attempting to walk.

"No, that's too reckless! You should get more rest!" I scolded, grabbing onto him.

"...Get more rest? If I stay sidelined for any longer you guys will forget about my existence. Also... The one who's been sleeping because of broken bones. That damned bearded woman is awake. It's time we find out where Eren is."

I sighed. "We're not going to forget you exist, Levi. And sure, you're right, we should probably find out where Eren is right now. But please- go rest more! You need it!" I begged him.

While helping Levi get back, we ran into Pieck. "Let me join you too. I have nothing else to do." She offered.

"Sure! Why not, we always need the help!" I cheerfully smiled at her. She raised an eyebrow, shocked that the dangerous Lieutenant Valeri was the cheerful, nice looking girl that was me.

After interrogating Yelena in her room with Hange, Armin, Levi, Pieck, and Ms. Kiyomi, we knew where Eren was headed next. "Fort Suratua. Makes sense. If he's aware of the threat they pose to his Founding Titan..." Pieck concluded.

"He'll head there after Port Carypra, to destroy the airships." Yelena finished.

"So you submitted and told us everything." Said Levi simply, amazed.

"I have a favor to ask of you people. Please admit, that Zeke failed, but he was never wrong. The only solution to the Eldian problem, which has lasted 2000 years, was euthanasia. I'm sure you can all tell by the disaster that's happening." Yelena asked of us.

Everyone was dazed for a moment.

"Yep. Zeke was right, I'll admit it personally. Most of you guys would say none of this was my fault, but it is partly. I was oblivious, especially to Eren. Even though Eren and I were childhood friends, I never noticed how we were sort of drifting apart. Same for Armin and Mikasa. I was full of myself, and despite my strength, he showed how powerless I was, and he showed no solution." I said, reaching up and crossing my arms behind my head.