Season 1, Part 7

I closed my eyes, and tried to move out of the way with all my strength- but I knew I wasn't fast enough. Instead- I felt someone grab me.

When I opened my eyes, I was in Captain Levi's arms. He looked absolutely petrified. I felt my face go red.

"Captain! Th-The others, they died sir, I couldn't save them, but I was able to injure the Female Titan by myself enough to get Eren away!" I reported.

"Yeah, I saw. You did a good job. Now help me out crippling the Female." he told me.

"Sir! Let me at her, let me transform and attack her-" Eren started, but Levi held up his hand.

"No. You're not using your power, Yeager- and Ackerman, all of us weren't trained to handle her powers- we can't beat her. So for now, Fleur will distract and I'll do all the cutting since she's worn out, while you take Eren and get the hell back to base! Got that?" he ordered.

"Yes sir!" the two of them chanted, and moved to the side. Captain Levi then turned to me.

"You heard me. I'll go off into the side and you distract her somehow!" he ordered me.

"Right!" I tried to hide the burning pain from my ribs- I could feel the bruise getting worse from all the movement.

He went off to the side as well, and I swerved down in front of the Female Titan's feet, acting as if I were an annoying bug that buzzed around her.

I saw Captain sneak up from behind above her, and she noticed too. Once the timing was right, she swerved around and lunged at him, only for him to perform a spinning attack and cripple her arm.

He then stabbed his blades hard in her eyes, making her stumble, before swerving around her legs and crippling the joints, making her fall against a tree. I watched in awe from the sidelines. He was basically doing what I had done earlier, just so much... neater, and more elegant, with less effort and smoother motions as well.

"Ah... you really are what I aspire to be...~" I murmured with a lovestruck voice.

He then proceeded to cuts the joints of her upper arms in two moves, her whole body limp.. Her nape was revealed and- wait, was that Mikasa? Eren was right behind her, shouting at her to "not do it."

"MIKASA, DON'T!" I propelled myself at her and grabbed her out of the way, Levi jumping on the Female Titan's raised arm, which was ready to swat her. I heard his grunt of pain and something pop for a moment as I swerved past him, Mikasa in my arms.

"Mikasa! Valeri!" Eren gasped, as I jumped onto a tree. "Mikasa! What were you thinking, you idiot??" I slapped her, growling. "We had the situation under control, we gotta get outta here!'

She lowered her head in dismay. "Yes, I apologize lieutenant."

I sighed in relief. "That's g-good..."

Then I passed out and fell off the tree branch.

When I woke up Captain was looking down at me. We were on a cart together. My shirt and upper half of my harness was taken off, and there were bandages wrapped around my side, and I noticed almost the whole right portion was black and blue. I grunted, sitting up.

"C-Captain, do we have Eren? Are you hurt?" I asked him weakly.

He placed his hands on my shoulders, gently pushing me back down. "Rest, Valeri. You've bruised your ribs badly. We have Eren, and for myself I hurt my ankle, but I'm fine. You did a good job protecting Eren."

I sniffled, tears welling up in my eyes. I sat up again and swiftly hugged Captain, sobbing into his shoulder. "C-Captain, they're dead! All four of them... I couldn't save them, I couldn't do anything.. I failed!" I wailed into his shoulder, clutching onto him and sobbing.