Season 2, Part 6

We soon arrived at the wall, where I received medical help. My wound was cleaned and stitched, then bound tightly in bandages.

"Please, believe me! Ymir transformed into a Titan to fight off the other Titans to save us!" I heard Historia arguing with Hange over something, probably if Ymir was on our side or not. After the chain of events, I have a small doubt that Ymir is an enemy.

I had told Hange everything that had happened earlier as my wound was treated, about the Titans that were able to move at night and the deaths of our comrades, the Beast Titan throwing rocks at us. I also told her about our reports for Raggako, Connie's village.

"Hm, well the moon shines because sunlight is reflected off it, so the Titans probably only needed a little bit of energy to move. That Beast Titan sounds weird as well. However, what's most interesting is the village. Destroyed houses with no bodies or blood? With the horses still in the stables? Weird."

She turned around, but then quickly turned around again. "Oh, and I think you should know. Mike Zachiarias is dead. We found his mangled corpse back at the HQ you guys left." A look of surprise appeared on my face. Mike was dead... But it's already too late, there's nothing I could've done. "Alright, g-good to know. Thanks for telling me, Hange."

"She did so with no regard of her life, which proves her loyalty to us, her comrades!" I continued to listen to Historia argue. "It's true that her judgement until now is unforgivable. After all, she may know things useful to humanity and get she kept quiet about it!"

She lowered her head, her expression saddening. "I imagine she didn't say anything in order to protect herself. But... Now she's a changed person! Ymir is an ally of humanity! I know Ymir better than anyone." Historia said firmly with sureness.

"She's a much simpler person than she looks!" Hange patiently listened to Historia say all this, before responding. "I see. Obvious, I hope we can build a trusting relationship with her. Her judgement aside, the information she holds is a treasure for humanity. I hope we get strong." She said. "But you know," she said with doubt. "Even if she is a simple person."

She walked past Historia, then looked back at her. "This world becomes more of a confusing mess with every passing day." She said, walking along with Historia by her side. "You said... Your real name was Historia Reiss? Isn't Reiss the name of a noble family?" Hange asked. "Yes, that's right." She replied.

Hange smiled, and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Nice to meet you, Historia." She grinned.

I turned around, as that conversation had made me lose my interest. Everyone was working and doing something while I sat here recovering and bored. Why can't anything happen?

I walked over to where Hange was with Moblitt, Mikasa, Connie, and several others. They were all looking down at something. "Oh! Hannes! I haven't seen him in 5 years, he's still alive?" I asked, noticing him on the wall.

"It's the advance squad from the Garrison Regiment, here to tell the location of the breach." Hange said.

"There's no hole anywhere!" Hannes told us once he got up the wall.

"Huh?" gasped Eren.

"Wall's perfectly fine, but at least between Trost and Krolva district, there's nothing wrong with this wall." He shrugged.

"What'd you say!?" asked Hange in disbelief.

"We bumped into soldiers from Krolva and retraced our steps. We haven't seen any Titans the whole way here." He said, standing up and brushing himself off.

"But... We know for sure there's Titans on this side of the wall." Armin said.

"Did you actually look?. Are you sure you're not drunk?" Eren raised an eyebrow, doubtful.