Season 4, Part 17

We all went silent after a few minutes. We just sat for a couple minutes as Onyankopon drove the plane.

I killed my own comrades.

I watched Hange die.

Please... This better be worth it, this all can't go to nothing. And I... I was the commander now.

The tension in the bumpy plane was stiffer than a brick. It made the air solid enough that you could carve a hole in it and pop it out onto the floor.

Everyone was feeling the same thing as well, thinking the same guilt, regret, and grieving.

Eventually I decided to get up with Armin and check on things with Onyankopon up on front.

"Our fuel.." Armin pointed out. "Yes, we were only able to fuel it halfway." Onyankopon told us knowingly.

"Will it be enough to get to Fort Salta?" I asked him. 

"I promise you I will get us there. This flying boat that Hange got us was the commander's final hope. I will get us to that base! No matter what!" he dedicated.

"So please... promise me that you will stop the rumbling. No matter what it takes... Commander Fleur, and Armin."

"Yes, of course- oh and no need to be formal. Just call me Valeri like before." I smiled slightly.

"Well.. we're counting on you, Onyankopon." I told him, patting his back before heading back with Armin.

"Now then, Levi, Pieck, and Armin. Let us discuss our plan." I told the three, approaching Levi and Pieck.

I pulled out a stencil and drew what I thought the Founding Titan form to look like. "Alright, this is what I saw a while back.. I just can't remember when I saw it, but Eren's form looked something like this. You two saw it as well, Levi and Pieck?" I asked, looking up at the two.

"Yes... though it's not as if I got a good look at it." Pieck shrugged.

"Basically, it's a stupidly big pile of moving bones.. like a bug." Levi scoffed.

"Normally, the body controlling it would be in its nape..." Pieck inferred.

"But we can't be sure, considering what the Warhammer Titan did." Levi added.

"In other words... we don't know where Eren is." Armin sighed.

I groaned, sitting up and scratching my head, messing up my unevenly cut hair. "Well then, you could always blow it all away with your Colossal Titan, Armin, because it's all bones anyway. It's gotta be pretty fragile considering it's just a huge fucking skeleton. Like what'cha did with Liberio's navy port a few months back."

"True... that would be the most effective way to do it." Armin agreed. "But only if we've tried and failed to have a dialogue with Eren. Only if that.. is the only way left to stop him. It's our last resort."

I scoffed, standing up impatiently and placing my hands on my hips. "Listen here Armin, talking isn't just gonna work anymore! I know that last encounter we had with Eren before he started that whole genocide thing was bad, considering how fucking rude he was, but I have to agree with him that we're at a point where talking won't work anymore! It stopped working all those years back at Wall Maria when you tried to talk with Bertholdt. He nearly killed you! Mikasa and I had to come and save your ass! I'm sorry for being rude myself, but talking won't work. Especially with Eren. If it didn't work last time we talked with him, it won't work now. Eren is a lost cause, and I'm sorry none of you except myself has accepted it completely. We've already come to our last resort, and that's the best plan we can come up with right now. We're going to... g-going to k-kill Eren... I-I'm sorry.. I don't want to.. but he's not the Eren we know anymore. We're going to kill him."