Season 3, Part 5

I woke up while Levi was telling everyone what to expect from Kenny. He didn't wake me up to tell me because, well, I was raised by him too. I didn't need to be warned about him.

"Understand? He's Kenny the Ripper. If he's there, he'll be our biggest obstacle. In terms of how much of a threat he is, equate him to me as an enemy. No... With those weapons of his, he's deadlier than me." He concluded.

"He's not deadlier than me and Levi combined though. He trained two fucking badass murder machines." I said suddenly, raising my head off Levi's lap, making everyone jump.

"Hey, I was half awake for a while listening in. I'll add on. I'm not sure how different I was raised by Kenny compared to Levi, but I'll say this: he made a mistake taking me from my parents and raising me. Because now Levi and I- both as powerful as him, are going to that goddamn chapel and killing him." I said coldly.

Everyone, a bit surprised from the suddenness of it all, took it in quite quickly.

"Wait Valeri, I thought you said you were raised by your grandmother in Shiganshina?" Mikasa asked. Shoot. I forgot to tell everyone of my real past before.

"Sorry Mikasa, forgot to say. I was raised by Kenny in the Underground, and he moved me to Shiganshina after my parents died because he was sick of raising me pretty much. If he hadn't raised me, I wouldn't be here right now. I would've died a long time ago. I never told anyone as a repayment to him for teaching me skills to keep me alive." I explained.

Everyone was awkwardly quiet, probably wondering: "No wonder Valeri and Levi are together. Badass and raised by the same dude."

Sasha spoke up after a bit. "Well then, he's unbeatable. At least for us..."

Connie spoke next. "If we could meet up with the troops.." he stupidly suggested.

"Absolutely not!" Mikasa harshly denied. "I know! Absolutely not!" Connie gained his senses. "If we wait until morning, Eren might end up getting eaten!"

"Though, if what the Captain said is true, it's not like he has no weak points." Armin pointed out. 

"For real Armin?" Jean asked. "Yeah, I'm sure he's trained plenty, but having combat experience is something else." he explained with his good observations.

"I wonder, how is it you two lived with Kenny the Ripper, but know almost nothing about him, Levi and Valeri?" Hange wondered.

"Sorry, but I only found out his surname not too long ago. Apparently, it's Kenny Ackerman. He some relative of yours?" Levi asked Mikasa.

"I heard from my parents when they were alive that my dad's side, the Ackermans, were persecuted in the cities. My mom's family was oriental, so being a different race meant they didn't fit in anywhere. Both were people chased deep in the mountains near the edge of the walls, so that's how they met and married. But I never found out why the Ackermans were persecuted. My dad didn't seem like a different race like my mom was." She explained.

"Has there ever been a moment where it's felt like power suddenly awakened inside of you?" Levi asked. I gasped at the question. I've... Felt something similar.

"I have." She answered. For a moment a sliver of a shocked expression appeared on Levi's face. 

"Kenny Ackerman had a moment like that too. One time, out of nowhere, he felt an absurd amount of strength surging within him, and he knew exactly what he had to do. I've felt moments like that too." He told us.

"I have something to say too. It's also very important. I know more than Levi about Kenny, my own heritage, even Levi's background." I announced, standing up.

Everyone was even more shocked now. "On the day Kenny shipped me off to Shiganshina, he gave me a letter that he told me contained everything about me that connected to his family. He told me to read it once I arrived, memorize the contents, then burn the letter and never tell anyone. I was brainwashed enough by him to follow everything he said."

Sighing, I began to speak of my knowledge, as everyone glued their eyes to me, especially Levi. 

"Both my parents families' were older than Levi's and were persecuted for reasons that were forgotten along the generations, but they have nothing to do with the secret of the walls. In fact, they were persecuted after helping setting everything up in the walls because they planned to do something against the king's orders, the reasons also forgotten. My dad's family set up the military system, they created the first two regiments, and my mom's family were the first interior police, except they were called the Royal Guards. They were persecuted around the same time as the Ackermans, and my parents' families and them were all good friends and they married into each other's bloodlines. However, my parents' own bloodlines were cast off in the opposite way from the Ackermans, and the only time they met again was half a century later when all three of them got thrown into the Underground City coincidentally, when very few of them were left, and they joined forces again." I paused for a moment, looking around at everyone.

"Anyway, that thing about the power Mikasa, Levi, and Kenny had? My mom's side had something similar. The king used his weird Titan powers to genetically modify my mom's side first to have superhuman capabilities, but something went wrong, and he couldn't reverse it. So, he made my mom's family the Royal Guard and modified the Ackerman's bloodline instead, where he was successful with them. Yes, things like my strength and speed were enhanced, just a little less than the Ackermans, but he fucked up our minds. How, you may ask? You all know that sadistic side I get in battle? Whenever in combat this totally bloodthirsty, dangerous side that enhances the powers way more than before would come out, and it was dangerous, not supposed to happen. Instead of being calm and collected like the Ackermans, knowing exactly what to do, my family were wild, murderous beasts. For some reason that side isn't so severe with me because my family had to breed with peasants with poor blood to survive, and that weakened the altered genes the king gave my family. That's another difference too. All the past Ackermans pass down their strength to the next generation when they 'unlock' their power, yet my power gets weakened with every new generation, as long as dominant peasant genes overcame my altered genes. Because my parents are both of nobility blood however, my powers aren't as weak as my family's last generation, my mom, but I'm not as strong as the first generation. I don't know why Kenny decided to entrust me with this information, maybe because I'm the last of my bloodline, but that's all I know."

I sat back down, and everyone was speechless. No one could believe I knew all this, especially the goofy, childish prideful me two years ago, and never told anyone.

"Hey, there's the chapel. We've just about arrived." Hange broke the silence. As soon as we arrived we broke into the chapel, looking around for some entrance. Armin was the one to find it, unsurprisingly.

"Found it. A secret entrance." He pointed to a metal door under a carpet. "Eren's gotta be in here with the enemy. Hopefully the layout in there is like I predicted." Armin came up with a plan and explained it quickly a few minutes before we arrived, right after I revealed everything I knew. "These presents better pay off, we went out of the way to prepare them." Levi said crossly.

I finished refueling my gas canisters, then grabbed a lantern, crouching across from him over the metal door. "All right, we're good to go!" Armin readied the supplies.

"Are we?" Levi asked to make sure. "Is everyone ready to get their hands dirty, too?" No one answered, but from the looks on the cadets' faces, they were.

"Guess so." He shrugged, then he turned to look at me, where I had my ridiculously terrifying sadistic look on my face.

"Oh, guess you're ready too? Now I know all those times you went batshit crazy disobeying orders just to kill Titans, it wasn't your personality, just your blood taking control. I can see it's in control right now, obviously. You must be ecstatic."

I shrugged, rubbing my hands together and grinning. "Maybe, but I especially hate military police, make them interior police and affiliated to Kenny I have boiling passion of hatred for them!" I laughed out loud. "Alright then, let's get going." Levi announced, opening the metal door and jumping inside. I followed after him, then Hange and everyone else. Rescue mission to save Eren and Historia? Badass fight coming up? Let's go.