Season 2, Part 10

After around 15 minutes or so battling through a blood soaked field of Titans and carnage, I had made it to where the Armored Titan originally was.

He was gone now, but I had found Eren and Mikasa on the ground. Mikasa was clearly hurt, as if a Titan had grabbed her, and Eren was just not in good shape. Jean and Armin were nowhere to be found. For some reason the air was filled with dirt and dust. What the hell had happened!?

"Eren! Mikasa!" I swiftly captured them both in a hug, crying.

"I'm so sorry for leaving, I just had to protect Commander Erwin! I'm here now. I'll protect you two. Eren, I was so worried- guys?" Both of them weren't responding to me, staring into the dust and smoke.

I let go of them, and turned my head to look where they were looking. I heard and felt a rumbling coming from the cloud. When it could make a shape, my jaw dropped.

It was the Titan that had devoured Mrs. Yeager.

This was the only Titan I had ever felt frightened of, the only Titan I ever had to run away from because I could do nothing.

But now

 I was everything. I had power. I could take this guy on. I clicked the triggers on my grips to release my anchors, but nothing happened. I was out of gas.

"What! Oh no, no no no, not now! Please!" I begged hopelessly. With nothing to do, all I did was stand in front of Eren and Mikasa and hold out my arms, acting as a shield. "I won't let you touch them!" I growled as the Smiling Titan raised it's hand and brought it down to grab me.

Just when I thought I was grabbed, something jumped in front of me to stop the Titan.

I opened my eyes and it was... Hannes!

"Hannes! What're you doing!?" I gasped. He yelled, slicing off the Titan's finger. He turned to face us, smiling triumphantly.

"Haha! What are the odds of this? Check this out, you three! Just watch. I'm about to avenge your mother and butcher the shit out of this!" He announced with a crazed smile.

"What! No, Hannes you'll die!" I screamed, grasping onto his cloak, but he jumped up and latched onto the Titan, circling it.

Mikasa stood up, limping as she withdrew her blades. "Stop Mikasa! You're hurt!" Eren pleaded her.

"Mikasa! Give me your gas, I'm out from fighting so much before, I can save Hannes from death! Hurry!" I quickly ordered her, whipping my head around in a hurry.

Mikasa nodded, turning around and removing her canisters to replace mine.

"Hurry, hurry! Before something terrible happens to Hannes!" I was struggling with my gear. Not only was I out of gas, the gas filter had malfunctioned- a vital component that helps propel me in the air, so I couldn't save Hannes anyway.

"Shit!" I cursed profusely.

"Untie my hands! Hurry up, I gotta be the one to do it!" Eren yelled.

Having him be our last hope, I took my blades and neatly sliced off his bounds in one cut.

"That one's mine!" Eren angrily exclaimed, standing up. "Eren!" Mikasa shouted, trying to move but wincing. I quickly grabbed her, making sure she was alright. "We're supposed to get you out of here!" She pleaded.

"It's time to settle the score! Just watch!" Eren growled, looking at his thumb. He raised his hand to his mouth and bit down hard.

Nothing happened. Hannes was still fighting the Titan.