Season 3, Part 12

The blast was so strong, it ripped one of the ribbons out of my hair and burnt it to a crisp. I snatched the other one before it could blow away as well. "Tch!" I scoffed angrily, tying my hair into a single low ponytail with my remaining ribbon, once the dust had cleared.

"Everyone alive and well?" I asked, getting back to the others, making sure they were okay. "I don't know! Are you?" Jean asked. "

"Alright, everyone's okay! Can't say the same for Hange-San though..." I looked sadly in the direction of the Colossal Titan. It was unlikely Hange and her squad survived the blast, from being so close. We might be the only ones left alive...

The Colossal Titan stood up, and starting setting flame to the surrounding buildings, tossing them in the air. "Valeri! What do we do now?" Jean asked me. I furrowed my eyebrows, growling. "Everyone get to the river! Ride on Eren, we have to save gas!" I ordered.

When we arrived at the river, I turned to Armin. "Armin. I have to head back soon. When I do, I'm putting you in charge. I'm not smart enough to come up with a plan to get out of this, but so I know you are! We'll need to eventually catch Bertholdt's attention, keep him from getting to the wall at all costs!"

Armin looked terribly nervous, but he obeyed orders. "Y-Yes ma'am!" He chattered.

Over the wall, I heard a very faint distant screaming. Was it my imagination or... Was everyone in trouble?

"Alright! We're going to distract him! Eren, get into Bertholdt's view and yell at him!" I ordered, taking my mind off it.

Eren ran to Bertholdt's side from afar and roared at him, but he simply ignored us. I growled, annoyed.

"Eren! Go grab at his legs! We'll scatter once you get close enough!" He did exactly that, but Bertholdt just kicked him hard, and he landed at the top of the wall, unmoving.

"Damn! I should've known better! Coordinated attack, let's go!" We all jumped in the air, in front of Bertholdt. "He doesn't know about the thunder spears yet! Connie, Sasha, Jean, distract him! Mikasa and I will attack from behind!" I ordered, before going with my part of the plan.

Mikasa and I let out thunder spears fly, but when they almost hit his nape, he started emitting hot blasts of steam, and the Thunder Spears flew back and exploded. A bit of shrapnel hit Mikasa in the side and another cut my forehead, so blood was seeping down the left side of my face.

"Valeri, Armin, have both of you got any ideas for a counterattack?" Jean asked us. Armin looked down. "Not one." I shook my head. "Same, sadly." I declined.

"I heard screams over the wall, I don't think the others are doing okay." I told everyone. I looked back at the Colossal, examining him, then I remembered something critical.

"Armin... Look! He's getting thinner! Remember last time how he was all bones, his muscle consumed from releasing steam? We need him to get thinner so we could cut him out!" I gasped, pointing at the Colossal.

Armin looked at him as well. "His teeth... They're the only bones exposed! Valeri! Thank you, I'm onto something now!" Armin smiled.

I nodded. "Here's the deal, the Armored Titan is up now." I pointed towards Reiner, who was now walking. "Everyone except Armin, distract Reiner, and then when there's an opening Connie and Sasha will blow his jaws open, which gives Mikasa a chance to hurl a thunder spear into his throat! Armin, go up to Eren and make up a plan with him on defeating the Colossal! I'm going over the wall to help the others now. Can you guys handle this on your own?" I asked, making sure they agreed with the plan.

Everyone nodded in response. "Alright then. Armin's in charge! Good luck to all of you!" I gave them good wishes, before heading off.

Once I got over the wall, I gasped at the sight. The front line of houses were completely pummeled with boulders, the stench of blood thick in the air. Levi, Erwin, and the recruits were backed up against the wall. I jumped down to Erwin and Levi. The recruits all looked incredibly terrified, which was to be expected.