Season 2, Part 9

For what felt like ages, we chased after the four of them. Anyone who tried to get close was swatted down by Ymir, but she didn't injure them too much or kill them.

However, they weren't fast enough to escape, as we were directly behind them.

"This time, I won't hesitate to kill them. If Ymir gets in my way, she's asking for it too. I will kill them." Mikasa growled, a serious death glare on her face. I never realized how scary she can be.

"Alright, it's been too long! Let's try to stop them from running!" Hannes announced from impatience.

I nodded, fed up as well. "Yeah, let's at least try!"

Hannes jumped off his horse, having someone handle it for him, and tried cutting at the soft spot behind the Armored Titan's knees, but failed in doing so. Next I went and used a portion of my stamina trying my most harmful attack on him- spin attack from the ankle up on every weak spot.

I failed missing them all, only wasting a perfectly good pair of blades. "Crap! Damn you!" I growled, falling back.

Hannes' squad then surrounded the Armored Titan, but Ymir swatted them away like before; but Mikasa successfully blinded Ymir in one eye, causing Ymir to let out a pain stricken yell.

Mikasa kept messing around with Reiner, and was about to attack Ymir when Chri- I mean Historia popped out and stopped her. I couldn't tell what they were talking about from a distance, but Mikasa was able to convince Ymir not to attack us so we could latch onto Reiner safely.

The other cadets and I jumped onto Reiner, who had covered Bertholdt and Eren with his hands. Underneath Reiner's hands we heard grunts from Bertholdt due to Eren trying to escape. "Stop it Eren! Don't struggle!" We heard.

"Good luck with that, Bertholdt. It's impossible to get him to calm down." Jean told him with a smirk. "He's the most irritating guy there is! I know better than anyone! I hate him as much as you do!" He leaned in closer. "Let's beat him up together. Why don't you come out of there?" He offered.

"Bertholdt! Give him back!" Mikasa demanded with a intimidating voice.

"Hey... You're kidding right? Bertholdt? Reiner??" Connie placed his hands on Reiner's large one, still not being able to believe his comrades he was close to were his enemies.

"This whole time, you kept quiet and deceived us...? You're so cruel!" He sadly asked.

"Guys! Tell us it's a lie!" Sasha hopelessly asked, oblivious with disbelief as well.

"Hey hey hey, you think you can just keep running away? That's not gonna happen! For three years, didn't we sleep under the same roof as comrades through thick and thin? Bertholdt... Your odd sleeping positions were truly an art form." Jean asked again, trying to get to Bertholdt. "After a while, we all looked forward each morning to see your pose and tried using it to predict the weather!"

I chuckled a bit, adding onto Jean's words. "When I came to visit you all in the mornings, even I eventually grew accustomed to looking forward to see your sleeping position of the day, though we only knew each other for several weeks!"

Jean frowned. "But you, to think you, the invader, could sleep like a log, right next to your victims." The last part filling pain in his voice.

The small happiness that had filled me a little bit was gone, now replaced with mostly anger and a bit of disbelief.

"Was this all just a lie? Remember we talked about surviving this together?" Connie asked, mortified. "And that we'd grow old, and someday we'd all go out for drinks together!? Was everything... A lie?" He asked again.