Season 2, Part 1

For 100 years, humans lived in peace behind three walls, Walls Maria, Rose, and Sheena.

Or so we thought.

On that day, 5 years ago in the year 845, that was when humanity realized...

We were nothing but cattle. We lived lives we thought that were peaceful, only for us to realize we lived in blind happiness, behind walls where we lived and died, eating, working, and sleeping, in fear of the Titans outside the walls.

On that day, when Wall Maria fell, I realized this.

I thought I lost all my loved ones to the Titans that day, and I swore to take my revenge and help mankind to victory and freedom. I joined the military, and quickly rose to the top as the #2 strongest soldier under Captain Levi, my superior and crush- whom I admired greatly.

Five years later, humanity made its first breakthrough when we made our first victory against the Titans in the battle of Trost, and discovery of Intelligent Titans through Eren- as well as there being Titan spies within the walls among our ranks.

Now at 19 years old, I stand here today with my wings of freedom.

The wings I share alongside Captain Levi, the only one I've truly had as a close comrade and possibly a friend for the past five years.

_____

It's been around a month and a quarter since Trost fell and was reclaimed.

When we arrived, all the cadets were put on standby, not even in their uniforms or being allowed to train, while higher ups including myself had to be armed at all times. Like everyone else, I was always stationed outside.

This was due to the fact we were in trouble with the government- it was also most likely the Titan spies were among the cadets, which is why we weren't allowing them to train or even wear their uniforms.

I was bored. So incredibly bored. Out of all the jobs, I was assigned this one.

I bet Levi and the others were doing something cool back at Stohess, they probably figured out some valuable information or something similar. So, out of my boredom, I decided to visit the cadets in the entertainment block, where we dumped them.

I ran along the rooftops where I was stationed, looking along the windows. One of them I saw Sasha and Connie talking. There they are! I swerved down onto the windowsill and flipped into the room, the impact bursting the windows open. I stood up, brushing myself off.

"Lieutenant Valeri, what're you doing here, is it an emergency!?" Reiner asked, standing up quickly.

I stretched, yawning. "Nothing's wrong, hold your horses. I was just bored and decided to chat with all of you." I assured them with a smile.

"Won't that get you in trouble?" Bertholdt asked.

I turned to face him. "No, it'll be alright! If anyone asks, I'll just tell them I was watching your guys' behavior as it is part of my orders."

Everyone sat back down.

"Oh, alright then. What was it you were saying Reiner?" Connie sat slumped in his chair, turning towards Reiner as I sat down next to Sasha.

"Oh yeah." He didn't sit down.

"Isn't this standby a bit strange? They won't let us wear our uniforms, can't even train." He glanced at me, then looked out the window. "What's even more suspicious is that our superiors are armed to the teeth. We're inside the wall, not the front line. So who exactly are we fighting?" He went and sat back down across from Bert.