Season 3, Part 3

Levi shook me awake literally only 20 minutes later to tell me we were leaving. I had curled up in a ball in my cloak in a corner, shivering and wincing in pain from my untreated wound. "Oh, you're worse than I thought. Can you persevere longer? This'll be over soon." Levi asked me.

I sat up, nodding. "Y-Yeah, this isn't as bad as the time I had some bruised ribs and bad cuts on our last expedition, and I went all out against the Female Titan. I'll hold out." I replied, rubbing my side.

He proceeded to tell me that our hostage, Dimo Reeves, has agreed to cooperate with us in order to save his city from starvation. He was gonna trick the two interior police that had killed Pastor Nick into becoming our hostages. We were to travel to another cottage where we wait for Reeves and the MPs to come.

Around halfway there, I collapsed from the pain. My wound had reopened and had turned purple and black, and Jean offered to carry me- but Levi was incredibly against that for whatever ridiculous reason, so he carried me instead. It was so embarrassing, agh...

Hange arrived shortly after we captured the MPs and put them in the cellar. Levi and I were torturing and interrogating one of them already when she joined in. Usually I was against this sort of thing, but I have a really insufferable hate for MPs... so this was okay in my book, I guess. The man's screams still got to me though and I couldn't help but feel some regret.

Eventually however, I got sick from the human torture. It was sickening to hear his screams, and despite whatever the hell he's done, I couldn't continue.

"Alright guys... this is making me feel sick, so I'm gonna get some water, clean off this blood and sit with the cadets.. you guys have fun, haha.." I told them, holding my stomach and holding myself back from retching.

Hange shrugged giving me a goofy smile, not really caring. Levi raised an eyebrow. "You can kill people without a thought, but you can't torture someone?" I frowned at him.

"I can kill someone quickly but I can't torture someone slowly. It's just painful to commit." He shrugged as well. "Alright then. Go rest up, your side must be sore."

I immediately went to the bathroom and vomited, then I went to the room where the cadets were, sat down with blood all over me, and slammed my face onto the table. I only told them that I stopped because torturing someone was too sick to commit for me.

Afterwards, Levi and Hange told us everything Sannes spilled. The Reiss family is the true royal family, meaning Historia is the true royal successor because she was the illegitimate child between Lord Reiss and a maid, and she was the last surviving Reiss successor after Lord Reiss.

"In other words, wherever Eren and Historia are is where Reiss is." Hange unrolled a piece of paper and showed us his face. "That's him." The picture was of a squat man in around his 50s, with a top hat and mustache.

We also found out that Eren will be eaten to pass on his Titan powers, but we're not entirely sure about the details yet. Hange told us that if a Titan ate a human with Titan powers, they would turn back into a human and gain the powers of the Titan shifter they had eaten.

Hange speculated that Ymir was probably a Titan roaming around until she ate a comrade of Bertholdt, Reiner, and Annie, turning her back into a human. The government probably has a Titan of their own that they're gonna feed Eren to.

I... couldn't believe this... Eren couldn't be eaten, he was like a dear brother to me! I couldn't stand for this to happen.

Mikasa stood up and headed for the door, clearly pissed, but Levi was able to convince her to not go on a rampage, because it wouldn't accomplish anything. We were going to the lands of Lord Reiss.  We quickly packed our things, while Hange and Moblitt returned to Commander Erwin.