ARC SEVEN:CH-7.9

The tournament was brought to a halt after the academy received an emergency message.
For the audience it was a total let down because they couldn't see the duel between Lord Ansel and Sorrel. In a hurry the tournament was brought to an abrupt end with sorrel as the winner.

According to the emergency message sent by the Liard unit on earth the mages were preparing for another wave of attack. They also wrote that their was a sudden change of attitude in the movements of the mages. The report also wrote about a mage amongst the anti liard faction with strange abilities. According to witnesses it was a young teenager with yellow hair. No further information was known about that individual but the change in the movements was likely because of that boy's appearance. The report said that he destroyed the unit killing most of them and was even able to construct gateways connecting earth to liard at free will. Currently they were preparing for an attack on Liard.
The academy immediately made arrangements to deal with the problem regarding the mages. Since the tournament was already over the 12 Demon Lords decided to hold the extermination missions right away aligning with the current crisis. The students who entered top 10 were given the option to choose which demon lord they wanted to accompany. Of course it started with Sorrel as the first person to make the choice.

Ivar was about to walk towards Yourk Stone.

"You are choosing him?"

He heard someone question his choice. Ivar turned to Ansel replying.
"Since Aouli will be going with you." According to the original plot that's what happened. Although Ivar was aware that it was different this time he choose to go with Yourk Stone because he could sneak away whenever he wanted if he went with someone weaker than him. Not to mention this whole thing about the sudden attack, which was not in the original made his heart uncomfortable. He had an intuition that the matter was not as simple as it sounded. As if.....gods were involved this time.

Ansel sighed. He noticed how Sorrel went silent as if he was thinking to himself. He had indeed thought that the one to win would be Aouli because he himself have trained the boy personally but Sorrel completely took him off guard, emerging victorious in the tournament. Not to mention Sorrel was holding himself back even when he fought Senk. Seeing this Ansel knew the hidden potential inside Sorrel was something he had underestimated so far. So for that potential to be polished into raw talent he was intending to oversee Sorrel's training personally.
Ansel knew it was an awkward situation for him to be in. But he was not going to waste any effort in training Sorrel now. So he said.
"Come with me. I will teach you some things."

Ivar wanted to refuse. But...thinking it was going to be the same even with this guy he agreed. Walking towards the male lead he saw Aouli leaving with Senk.

The aftermath was a total disaster.

Villages were burnt. Cities were attacked by the mages. The buildings destroyed, crumbling down like falling waterfalls. By the time the military army arrived the destruction had already began in different areas of liard. The mages and the military army collided, causing the magnitude of destruction to double. While some military units were undercover, evacuating the people of warzone areas to safety.
It was a total chaos.
The world was once again hit by a shockewave of a large scale attack. The intensity of the battle differing from one place to another.

Splash.

Splash.

The sound of the surface water moving when being entered by something foreign resounded in the forest. With greenery surrounding the nearby area a fragile, slender figure was seen bathing in the calm, blue lake.
Wiping up his enitre body he ducked underwater, swiming around for sometime to wash away the smell of blood from his body. The stench of blood thirst was so hard to wash away.
Ivar along with his unit have been fighting mages for two weeks straight. During all these 14 days they did not rest even for a bit, keeping on fighting and fighting the mages until they killed each and every mage that was around the area. The stench of sweat and blood had dried up in their clothes staining them with blood and dirt. After they were finally done they had some time to spare. So most of them were taking baths right now. Because Ivar did not like the idea of bathing with strangers he decided to find a lake in the forest and use it as his personal bath spot. Thankfully there was a lake here. The cool currents of the water seeped into his skin as if to was detoxifying the filth on his skin.
Ivar raised his head looking up at the sky. Closing his eyes he felt the silent atmosphere which was rather calming to him.