Chapter 14 ~ Player Assistant

After they safely defeated the dark wolf, Leon and the others returned to Lingenia and head towards the guild immediately.

"Ms. Phillis, may I borrow a larger room? I would like to sell the materials from several wolves."

"A-Again?! I-I understand... This way please."

Normally, adventurers only needed to bring a part of the corpse to serve as evidence or dismantle the monster at the scene before returning to town if they wanted to sell them.

However, since Leon had <<Inventory>>, he decided to bring it all and sell its materials.

Right after they arrive, Leon took out all 7 wolves and the dark wolf body.

The large dark purple beast emanated an eerie feeling. In addition to it's fearsome appearance that she never saw, Phillis trembled in fear and shock.

Seeing her scared reaction, Leon urged her to call the guild master to handle this matter.

"What in the world is this?"

The coarse, deep voice of the guild master was heard from the direction of the door as he came into the training room.

"Leon, what is this?"

"I do not know. My party merely encountered it and defeated it while we were hunting wolves."

"You guys defeated this?! Or is it only Leon?"

"No, it is not just by my strength alone. All of us worked together to defeat it."

Hearing what Leon said, the guild master couldn't help but sigh.

"Are E rank adventurers really that strong nowadays?"

"I-I understand your feeling, guild master. But I believe they are a rare case."

"Hah... Well, we will investigate these monsters. You guys will be rewarded for all the materials you bring here and will be raised to D rank."

The guild master declared.

"Eh? Is it fine to rank us up just after one quest?"

"Do you really think an E rank party can do this? I better rank you up before you wipe out an entire species of wolves and leave nothing to the real E rank adventurers."

Mia and Rafael could only laugh awkwardly since they knew they're all capable of doing it. Even if they exclude Leon, the three of them were already beyond the level of an E rank party. 

In addition, ranking up meant that they could receive better paying quests. There's no reason to decline it. In fact, they'd welcome it with open arms.

After completing the materials inspection, Phillis, Leon and the others returned to the counter to receive their rewards.

"Eh? 8 gold coins? We only did an E rank quest though."

"Yes. These includes the payment for the wolves and dark wolf corpses including the information about a new monster."

"A-Ah..."

Not questioning it any further, they decided to accept it and split the reward equally.

Leon and the others headed out to look for an inn to stay, now for more than a day since they predicted that they will stay in this town for a while. 

And so, they went and walk around to look for a cleaner and more comfortable inn.

After half an hour of searching, they finally found a nice inn that they liked.