Chapter 79.2 ~ Confession

AN: New season of Anime is coming, but I'm having exams... Well! Binge watch all of them during holidays~ Hope you guys have a good day anywhere you are! If you don't, then I hope this helps :D 

"By the way Aria. I know it's kind of late to ask but is it fine for you to be in a relationship with darling? I mean... you being the princess."

"Yes, of course. I have talked with my parents and my brother, and rather than objecting, they were very happy for me. Mother even shed some tears of happiness."

After the confession, Freya and the others including Leon had tea to calm down. Since Aria and Iris didn't want anyone to see their tear stained faces, Lily and Vyra were the one who asked for the servants to prepare tea and bring the tea back themselves as to not let any servants go instead.

Leon suspected the king to want to bind him down when he first met him. But now that he has accessed the king's personality, he was not that kind of person. Although there was a need for a ruler to use any means necessary to make the kingdom prosperous, he knew that binding down Leon would do more harm than good. Leon had also thought that he might use Aria and make Leon fell in love with him, but he was not that kind of underhanded man.

He had investigated a case regarding the marriage proposals for princess Aria sent by various high ranking nobles in order to find out whether or not he was someone who considers his children pawns.

To his surprise, he had never, not even once, try to force Aria to accept the marriage proposals from high rank nobles just for power. There was even a marriage proposal from the third prince of another kingdom, but since Aria didn't want to, the king rejected it. It might be a bad decision to be made by a royalty, but Arthur wanted to respect his daughter's wishes. Even the crown prince's, Alvis's fiance was chosen by the person himself, not entirely out of politics, but out of love. Of course if the people they fell in love with was found to be unworthy, it would be harder for them to realise their love.

Thus, Leon knew that King Arthur didn't have anything to do with Aria's decision and that Aria's love for him, as he had observed, was genuine.

"I guess his majesty had planned this from the very beginning, huh?"

"Eh, what do you mean, Leon?" Iris asked.

"The royal dagger. By receiving it, I would have a position similar to a high ranked noble, allowing me to have the position to marry both of you. In addition to iterating my achievements of saving Aria and Iris, and defeating the behemoth, other nobles would have a hard time opposing if Aria and I were to get into a relationship like this. In addition, Crimson Lightning did defeat a menace class monster which appeared in the royal capital."

"I-I see!"

However, in contrast to Iris's sparkling eyes, Aria looked gloomy.

"...D-Do you regret it, Leon?" Aria asked in a sad tone.

Although she was happy that her love was able to come to fruition, if Leon felt forced and didn't felt happy about it, then she couldn't be happy about it either.

"No. I do not regret it."

"Eh?"

Aria raised her head and saw Leon smiling lovingly at her.

"There was no demerit whatsoever in receiving the royal dagger. Although nobles would either try to get close and use me or mark me as an enemy, I was already in that position the moment I choose to save you. Of course I don't regret that either."

Although it looked like Pavel was the only one who antagonize Leon, there were already many other nobles who tried to manipulate him or antagonize him due to his strength, reputation, and relationship with the royal family and the higher ups of the kingdom. Of course not all of them antagonized him but there were plenty.

Even if he wasn't in a relationship with Aria, the situation wouldn't change.

"In addition, now that it has become a reality, it saved me a lot of time pressuring those nobles who opposes our relationship."

"Leon...I'm glad."

Tears started flowing again from Aria's eyes. However this time, she was smiling brightly with a tinge of pink on her cheeks.

"Isn't that great, your highness."

Aria sniffs then turned towards Iris.

"Yes, I'm so glad... I'm also glad for you Iris. I have asked Sir Verand his opinion towards your relationship with Leon and it seems he happily agreed."

"E-Eh?!"

Iris squealed in surprise at the bomb Aria suddenly dropped. Her face became very red as she got flustered. The rest who saw her react so cutely giggled silently. Aria really love teasing Iris and it seems Leon and the others had already picked up her habit of doing so. Leon loves seeing her cute flustered self.

"J-Just when..."

"Ehehehe."

Without answering the question, Aria giggled cutely as she enjoys watching Iris get flustered.

"I see. I'm glad but I do still have to talk to his majesty and Sir Verand. I am, after all, asking their precious daughters for their hands."

This time, both Aria and Iris became red and flustered as Leon said it with a smile.

"Ah~ Although they just become couples, they're already smitten by darling."

"Hehehe, Leon is dreamy after all. We are also smitten by him too really quickly right?"

"...A-Actually I was already smitten by my liege ever since I first met him."

"Me too... Ah, darling! Don't have fun all by yourself!"

Unable to hold her feelings anymore, Freya hugged Leon from the back, resting his head on her bosom and Freya resting her head on his.

Lily, Vyra and surprisingly Aria immediately went towards Leon, wanting to get close with him as well. Iris also seemed to want to join but she was still too embarrassed for it. Maybe if they were alone...No, on second thought, if they were alone, she would be even more embarrassed.

"Ah that's right! L-Leon, I've already decided what I want for our date..."

"Me too, darling!"

"I-I as well..."

"Eh? D-Date?! I-I want to join as well!"

"D-Date!"

"Aria, Iris, do you know what date is-"

"Then let's discuss on the turn order fairly! Let the Leon's brides conference begin!"

""Yes!""

Without being able to intervene, Leon kept silent as his beloved excitedly discuss their dates with him.

Since when did they have a bride conference?