Chapter 84.1 ~ The Royal Dagger Ceremony

AN: Blackout everywhere... Had to go to a Coffee shop near me to find internet and post this. Hope you guys have a nice day~ XD

A jet black haired young man sat on a couch in a room silently. He was dressed in a formal black tailcoat jacket with golden and crimson embroideries.

It was the formal ceremonial version of his <<Overcoat of Endless Night>> he made just for fun when he was playing Grandeur Fantasia.

There were more apparels or costumes that he made during that time, some for male and some for females which he made for his female characters. Now that he thought about it, it might be a good idea to gift it to Freya and the others.

As he thought about that, a knock came from the door and a knight's voice could be heard from the other side.

"Sir Misteltein, it is time."

"Understood."

Leon stood up, checking his appearance one last time and making sure it was nothing less than immaculate, and opened the door before following the knight.

It was the day of the Royal Dagger Ceremony. The day when a member of the royal family would give their one and only dagger to one person as a symbol of their trust, friendship, or even sometimes, love.

It wasn't meant to chain them down to the country, but rather the materialization of those feelings, a symbol of trust.

The current king, Arthur von Arcland, gave his dagger to a famous rank A adventurer, Laura Vany, as a sign of friendship and trust. The crown prince, Alvis von Arcland, gave his dagger to his most trusted aide who he had been best friends with his whole life. And now, the first princess, Aria von Arcland, will give her dagger to the man she love, Leon Misteltein.

And since it was a once in a lifetime experience for a royal family member, the entire palace has been preparing it for weeks. Leon had also been called to prepare and practice for the ceremony since a week and a half ago.

Fortunately, since he was already used to formal ceremonies and was able to perfect what he needed to do during the ceremony quickly, he was able to be excused from some of the rehearsal to spend time with Freya and the others on his dates with them.

Leon was now standing in front of a huge decorated door, the door to the throne room. Most of the chosen people who had been given a chance to stand before it to enter the throne room had felt the pressure emanating from it.

However, Leon wasn't part of that group. He was incredibly calm and composed. Even the nervous knight who escorted him was baffled at how calm he was.

After standing for a while, the voice of the prime minister, Sir Darius, resounded from within the throne room announcing the dark hero's entrance.

The large door opened, revealing the dazzling throne room. Around 30 nobles flanked each side of the red carpet. On the throne was King Arthur von Arcland, and on his sides were Seara, the queen, and Alvis, the crown prince.

In front of them standing gracefully was Aria von Arcland, the sole princess of the Arcland Kingdom. She was in a incredibly beautiful blue dress which hugged her figure gently.

She wore numerous beautifully crafted accessories, but her beauty transcended all the materialistic objects. She was even more beautiful than usual, catching even Leon by surprise.

Beside her was the head of royal court magician, Julia, holding a crystal dagger laying on top of a crimson square pillow, decorated with golden embroideries, with both hands.