Chapter 95.1 ~ Reflection

AN: I don't cry easily. Episode 19 of Kimetsuno Yaiba didn't make me cry since I was cheering for my boy Tanjiro. I usually need "Shigatsu no Kimi no Uso" level to make me cry. But writing this one made me tear up a bit, especially when he's talking about his friends and lovers. Not trying to heighten your expectations, but I'm just sharing it with you. Maybe because I relate to Leon more than I thought. I don't even know why I teared up that much when I wrote it XD. 

Hope you enjoy this one~! Please vote and comment and tell me your thoughts on it XD!!!

"Mr. Yuki, my lord has come to visit you. May we enter?"

Moments of silence passed by. Then a small, trembling, squeaking voice came from the other side.

"Y-Y-Y-Yes..."

Lloyd opened the door slowly and let Leon entered before closing the door in front of him.

Leon saw a small boy shaking in fear at the corner of the room, grasping the transmitter device in his hands while hiding his head between his legs.

He slowly approached him, each step making him flinch in fear, then stopped a few meters away from him. Even now as he looked at the trembling boy and deep in his mind, Leon still had the suspicion of him being a spy of nobles who opposes him.

But then, he saw the fear, despair, and sadness in the boy's eyes and saw himself in it. He once shared the same gaze, the gaze of a trembling, scared boy who's unable to trust anyone and lived in isolation.

Leon crouched down and sat on the floor and tried his hardest to form a smile. It was surprisingly hard to do so right now when he's reminded of his past self.

Although he was always able to form a perfect smile, it was but an empty one. This time, he wanted to show a gentle and genuine smile.

"Hello, my name is Leon. May I know yours?"

Leon said in the most gentle voice he could muster.

Yuki continued to tremble in fear as he slowly raised his face and looked at Leon. His tear-filled eyes still filled with fear and sadness.

He slowly opened his trembling mouth and forced a voice to come out.

"...Y-Y-Yu... K-K-Ki..."

Leon smiled.

"I see. Yuki, right? That's a very nice name."

The boy didn't respond, and merely covered his head back between his legs and trying to make himself as small as possible.

"You know, Yuki? From the country I come from, your name means "Courage"."

Yuki stayed silent and continue to tremble. But Leon didn't give up and continued.

"It is a country far far away which has been long forgotten by history. But, I still know the language. "Yuki" means courage, the ability to face anything no matter how painful it is, the strength to face any pain and grief. It is a very powerful name, and I could see why it became your name."

This time, the boy's trembling lessened and raised his head slightly.

"When I found you, you were on the brink of death. Your body battered with bruises, slash wounds, and extremely weak. My friends and I were surprised that you were still alive after all the sufferings you went through. I thought you must've lost all hope in humanity and despaired over your life."