Chapter 97 ~ Yuki's Wish

AN: Mid-sems... Single update this week, unfortunately. It's the full chapter and next week might also be a single update of a whole chapter, depends. Hope you guys don't mind. I hope you guys enjoyed it~! Vote and comment on your thoughts~!

The door to the living room opened, revealing the blonde-haired head butler.

"My lord, Yuki has awakened."

"Thank you, Lloyd. I will be there shortly."

Leon stood up and went to Yuki's room followed by Lloyd. When he arrived, Lloyd knocked on the door and announced Leon's presence. Once he received the small, timid reply from Yuki, he opened the door for Leon.

"Lloyd, you may come in as well."

"Understood, my lord."

Leon saw Yuki still in bed, trembling slightly while grasping the transmitter device tightly in his hand. Yuki relaxed slightly when he saw Leon smiling gently at him. He then tried to get out of bed to greet him and thank him for saving his life and doing so much for him.

Yuki almost fell over onto the floor as he tried to get out of his bed. His body was still very weak and he was in no condition to do any sudden movements like that.

Leon rushed and caught the young boy before he fell and place him back on the bed.

"P-P-Please f-forgive me! I-I wanted t-to... t-thank you for... s-saving my l-life and..."

"It's fine, Yuki. There is no need to thank me. Calm down, okay?"

Leon gently stroke Yuki's back, causing tears to start flowing down his eyes again.

"Thank... you..."

He sniffled as he tried to convey his thanks. However, the only thing he could say was "thank you". His diction was limited due to the limited education he received, if any, and he was overcome with emotion so he wasn't able to convey all of his feelings of gratitude to Leon.

Leon smiled and nodded at him. He signaled Lloyd to give the boy some water in which he prepared almost immediately. Lloyd poured water from a jug in the boy's room into a cup and handed it to Yuki.

Yuki received it with trembling hands then drank it with a gulp. After a while, he managed to calm down and stopped crying.

"Now then. There's something I want to ask you, Yuki."

"Y-Yes... P-P-Please ask me... W-Whatever y-you w-wish to k-know..."

"I want to ask you, what are you going to do from now on?"

Yuki widened his eyes at Leon's question and began contemplating. He didn't have any skills other than making his body as small as possible to defend himself from the beatings he received. He never had the chance to learn a skill or anything for the matter. But he didn't want to disappoint his savior by saying he couldn't do anything. He wanted to be useful to him, repay him for saving his life, and serve Leon, his light.

Leon noticed Yuki becoming silent and lost in his own thoughts, then tried asking a different question.

"...Let me change the question. Yuki, what do you want to do from now on?"

Yuki raised his head and looked at Leon. What did he want to do? He wanted to be useful to him. He wanted to become someone that could help Leon.

But if he could be selfish for once in his life... he wanted to know what the thing he's holding onto this whole time was. He wanted to know how could this small square with a button call someone when pressed.