Chapter 18 ~ Dark Wolves

Several days have passed since Lily began her magic archer training.

Surprisingly, she now managed to create magic arrows consistently by optimising the amount of magic she used. Apparently she failed multiple times before because she used too much magic.

She missed such an obvious thing due seeing Leon's magic arrow. His magic arrow had a large quantity of high quality magic power. Thus when Lily tried to imitate it, she couldn't control it.

Although she still couldn't produce several magic arrows at the same time, the fact that she was able to create and use magic arrow in combat was nothing less than a show of her hard work and talent.

After continuously training everyday, Leon suggested to have a day off. Lily refused him at first because she wanted to be stronger as soon as possible, however after listening to Leon's reason, she gave up with a small nod.

Leon was worried of Lily's physical and mental exhaustion from continuously using up her mana. So, just for a day the party decided to relax.

Mia, Lily, and Charlotte decided to go around the market. It seemed they want to taste the Hyrelia dish again and some other foods that caught their attention.

Rafael wanted to go look around the city and asked Mia if she wanted to join him after she went to the market. Though in the end he went alone since Mia wanted to hangout with Lily and Charlotte.

Using this opportunity, Leon decided to replenish his stock of mana potion and went to the guild.

As he entered, a familiar voice called his name.

"What a coincidence. I was just about to search for you."

"What seems to be the matter?"

"The guildmaster wanted to talk to you. He said it's something about the dark wolf you encountered the other day."

The dark purple wolf that ambushed Leon was indeed an unknown monster. It didn't exist back in Grandeur Fantasia. Although surprised by its sudden appearance, it was something Leon has expected. The world he was in now shared the same rules as Grandeur Fantasia, however they were not mirror copy of each others.

The existence of spells such as <<Examine>> which didn't exist in Grandeur Fantasia had proven this. Thus, Leon had expected that such differences was not limited to spells and skills, but also monsters.

Understanding was the most important thing according to Leon. And to be able to understand, one needed sufficient information and knowledge about the subject. Not having any knowledge regarding a monster which could harm him and the member of his party would be very dangerous.

Thus, after selling the dark wolf corpse, he made the guildmaster promise him informations regarding the unknown monster.

It seems they found something out.

With that thought in mind, Leon nodded and follows Phillis' lead as she walked towards a room on the second floor.

When Phillis opened the door to the room at the far end of the hall, a wild smile of a burly man welcomed them.

"Yo Leon! It's been a while huh."

"Nice to meet you again, guildmaster."

"Hey, I told you to call me by my name right? Don't be so distant!"

Using goodwill and friendliness to lower my guard is it? Classic.

"I am sorry, however for a mere Rank D adventurer such as myself to call the guildmaster by his name would be very impolite."