Chapter 30 ~ Alex and Freya

AN: Hi guys! Here's the first chapter of the week! This is honestly one of my favorite chapter because there's a new best girl in town! Hope you enjoy it and thanks for reading! 

After completing a new spell he named <<Lightning Armor>>, Leon continued his magic spell developments while Lily and Mia were improving the magic they thought of after watching Leon. Charlotte spent her time taking a nap and helped Leon occasionally.

Rafael and Vyra were also sparring, although Vyra was destroying him every time. Rafael wasn't weak by any means. On the contrary, the fact that he had came close to hitting Vyra, one of the Leon's strongest combat oriented player assistant, several times during their training proved his strength.

Gera, the guild master, had told Leon and the other members of <<Crimson Lightning>> of his departure to the royal capital. He would come back in two and a half weeks and tell them the result of his meetings with the other guild master regarding their recent achievement.

Normally, there wouldn't be that much fuss over a party's achievement. However, the achievement this time was the subjugation of a calamity class monster. A being of legends that was said to have the power to destroy nations. The fact that there wasn't any lives lost or damage done to Lingenia was nothing short of a miracle. That was why Gera had to report the events that happened down to the fine details to the other guild masters and the kingdom.

Several days had past since Gera left and Leon and the rest were still continuing their training. It wasn't entirely because they wanted to get stronger as fast as possible, it was because they were bored being cooped up in the inn. The breaks they spent in between training days always reminded them of how bored they were.

Leon had came up with several new spells which completely baffled Mia as a magician herself. They were all spells she had never heard of.

Especially the magic dispersion shield. It was a barrier which surrounds Leon and disperses any mana particle which it came in contact with. Thus, any magic attack will have no effect when Leon activated this defensive spell. Excluding the fact that he needs to activate it consciously for now was virtually the only weakness of this spell.

Mia, exasperated by the ridiculously incredible spells Leon came up with, almost run out of mana trying to break through it. Though she was given a mana potion and <<Rejuvenate>> casted on her by Leon and managed to regain all her mana back so her life wasn't at any danger by any means.

"This guy is really ridiculous..."

Although Mia mumbled those words, they could be clearly heard by everyone including Leon. They all smiled wryly at her remark, unable to rebuke her while the person himself didn't seemed to mind it since she didn't said it out of malice.

During one of his breaks, Leon watched the spar between Rafael and Vyra.

Leon noticed that although Rafael's reflexes were getting faster and his attacks were stronger, there wasn't any noticeable improvements on his technique. Watching him, Leon realised that his swordplay was also purely based on speed and power to overwhelm the opponent. Although that might work against monsters, if he were to fight against other human or another species who are skilled with swords, he would be in a disadvantage.

Fortunately, he knew someone he could count on teaching him and Rafael sword techniques.

On one of the day off, Leon talked to his party members about calling one of his other 'servants' to teach him and Rafael sword techniques. Of course he had asked Rafael if he agreed to it, which he replied in affirmative enthusiastically. He had also felt that his training with Vyra only improved his reflex speed, strength, and stamina so he would like to learn sword techniques if he could.