Chapter 100.1 ~ Potential

AN: Wow, we've reached 100 chapters guys!!! Woooooo~!!! Thank you so much for the support and encouraging words all of you have given me. All of them give me the motivation and drive to continue writing, so thank you so much for all the love~!!! Love all of you~!!! More of Grandeur Fantasia and adventures to come!!! I hope you guys enjoy this story and continue on enjoying it~~~!!!!

Adventurer's Guild, Royal Capital Branch.

It was a regular morning in the guild. Adventurer's came and go regularly; some reporting in their finished quest, searching for new ones, selling materials, buying provisions and potions, or just hanging out in the guild hall.

Many wooden tables and seats were prepared for adventurers specifically for them to bond with fellow members of their party, searching for new members, simply taking a rest after a long day of questing, or a few that are merely being lazy.

One might think that due to having a hierarchy system, discrimination against lower ranked adventurers would be ever present. Although they do build character, all adventurer guilds still forbid excessive discrimination which included physical abuse, extortion, etc towards lower ranked adventurers, and would punish the one discriminating severely. It was fine to have pride in one's own strength, but when they started looking down on others, it turned into arrogance which is a quality an adventurer should never have both in battle and in life.

With this rule, in addition to the many high ranked adventurers who also help protect this rule, it was a fairly peaceful place with no extreme conflict. If anything, it would just be to the extent of bickering and arguing with each other, but that too would be solved quickly by the guild staff and other present adventurers.

Moreover, as most adventurers respected each other, especially the higher ranked ones, the ones discriminating would be ostracized, making it hard for them to form parties or work together with other parties.

A group of teenagers, three boys and two girls of maybe around 14 or 15, were resting in one of the tables in the Guild Hall. Judging by their equipment, they seemed to be new adventurers.

They had just reported in to the guild after finishing their first E ranked quest, and they were quite happy with it. Although it was a simple quest of defeating a few goblins at the outskirts of Arlenia forest, it was the first quest they've ever done.

All of them were just regular teenagers helping out their families. But when they heard of the achievements of Crimson Lightning, it was as if something reverberated in their hearts.

They defeated a Calamity class monster that threatened the whole kingdom, saved the princess from a conspiracy of a corrupt noble, defeated a monster that appeared out of nowhere in the middle of the royal capital, and defeated numerous of the rumored dark monsters which were all above Menace class. It was simply amazing.

(Monster threat levels from lowest to highest: Threat, Danger, Hazard, Menace, Disaster, Calamity, Catastrophe, Armageddon.)

Crimson Lightning was the source of inspiration for them. Although they might not be able to reach their heights, the fire in their hearts were lit. They want to adventurer the world. They want to defeat monstrous creatures that threatened their kingdom. They want something more in their lives than just living in the city.

That is why all of them registered into the adventurer's guild and formed a party together. They called themselves "Scarlet Blade" after the leader of Crimson Lightning's crimson sword.