Chapter 63.2 ~ Dance (1)

Leon chuckled as he hear Freya and Vyra's troubled voices.

As they arrived at where Freya, Mia and the others were, Leon saw another person who had not spoken with yet since this morning.

"A-Ah! M-M-Mr. Leon!"

"Hello, Ms. Iris."

"He-He-Hello..."

Iris got visibly nervous and embarrassed right after Leon arrived. He was confused at her sudden nervousness since he saw her talking relaxedly with Freya and the others. But, she was very endearing so Leon didn't mind the change as much.

Her face, bearings and actions usually looked very calm and composed. In addition to the red dress she was wearing now, she looked extremely elegant and dignified. The red dress, which matched the color of her hair, accentuates her already incredibly amazing proportions, causing her to become even more beautiful and graceful than usual.

However, Leon had seen her acting very innocently and cutely just like now. She was similar to Freya wherein there's a stark contrast between their usual demeanor and inner innocence which sometimes surfaces. In addition to their beautiful looks, that gap made them incredibly endearing and Leon could not help but smile when he saw it.

Soon after her silence, Iris seemed to be trying to say something. However, because of her nervousness, her mouth was opening and closing without saying anything.

Finally, she managed to gather the courage and say her words, albeit stuttering.

"Y-Y-Y-Your outfit s-suits you v-v-very well, Mr. L-Leon..."

Hearing her words while she was blushing and looking at Leon with upturned dewy eyes made his heart skip a beat. He was even aware of the delay in his answer because he was charmed by her for a moment.

"Thank you very much. Your dress suits you incredibly well too, Ms. Iris."

As if a puff of smoke appeared on her head, Iris's face became even more red after hearing his words.

"T-T-T-Thank you very much!"

Out of panic, she straightened up like a soldier. It seems that her knighthood training was ingrained in her bones, causing her to relapse to her habit while panicking.

However, she returned to become an innocent little girl again as she twiddle with her fingers with a flushed face while trying to say something again.

"A-Ah, Uhm... Please c-call me by just my name, Mr. Leon..."

"I understand. Then please call me by my name too, Iris."

"Y-Yes! Thank you very much!"

Her nervousness changed into excitement and happiness upon hearing Leon call her name with his sweet voice. Aria looked at her and smiled warmly, seeing the usually cool and composed Iris act so innocently to someone besides her.

Now looking slightly more confident but totally still blushing and nervous, Iris assert herself to Leon.

"L-L-Leon... I-If it is fine with you... M-May I have the pleasure to be your dancing partner?! A-Although I might not be skilled, I-I have the minimum knowledge for having learned it as part of being a noble's daughter!"

She looked at Leon with teary eyes, expecting a favorable answer from him.

"Of course. It will be my pleasure."

Iris's face bloomed like a beautiful flower in spring after she got the answer to her question. She seemed even more excited than when Leon called her name and thanked him in a loud voice unintentionally.