Chapter 109.2 ~ Misleading?

AN: Hey~!! Hope you guys enjoy this chapter!! Wish you have a great day or night wherever you are!!!

C-Could it be...?!

"But I will be opening a company for magic items soon in Arcland. Tina here is interested in being one of our future magic item developers, which is why I am teaching her in magic item enchantments. "

"...Eh?"

"I also planned on opening a branch in the Kingdom of Bestia in the future. Which is why I would like to meet the ruler of Bestia for permission and negotiate a few terms for collaboration."

Tina showed an understanding expression after finding out what Leon really meant. But on the other hand, Amaterasu and Altria froze once again for different reasons.

It was the first time Altria had ever heard of this. She was caught by surprise to hear her venerable teacher would be creating a company of his own! She knew just how advanced, powerful, and incredible his magic items were from the few he showed, and that's not even his best. She could only wonder what kind of magical items would be sold in his company.

On the other hand, Amaterasu was also frozen shocked, but for a different reason.

She thought Leon wanted to meet her parents to ask for her hand in marriage!

The cheerful fox princess slumped down after realizing everything was just her misunderstanding. She felt disappointed that Leon hasn't realized her feelings for him. But after a few moments of thinking, it was only natural.

After all, she had never told him about her feelings or even proactively approach him in hopes of him noticing it. Although the way she acts and her demeanor while she was around him would make anyone notice her feelings for him, Leon is an airhead when it comes to romance. Thus, he wouldn't notice it, especially if he was preoccupied with other tasks unless it was blatantly obvious.

"I-I see... I understand... I will mention this to father through my monthly letter to him..."

"Hm?"

Why is she suddenly downcasted?

Leon tried to guess the reason for her sudden change in excitement. She seemed very excited, despite being nervous for some reason, just a few moments ago. But right after he clarified himself, she immediately become downcasted.

For some reason, seeing her like caused a prick in his heart.

Why do I feel like this...?

It wasn't as if he had never felt this way. He had felt the same kind of pain in his heart when he imagined his lovers feeling sad. That's why he worked so hard to make them happy, because their happiness was also his happiness.

But why would he feel this way towards Amaterasu? Yes, he does feel closer to her more than any of his students, even compared to Tina, who he often spent time with. But wasn't that due to her cheerful and honest personality. She often talked about her day and her experiences very excitedly, and even some of her past, which might contribute to the feeling of closeness Leon felt towards her. But was that truly just it?

Leon couldn't find the answer for now, but he'd have to somehow cheer her up. He made a mental note to ask one of his lovers about this.

"I would also like to be given a chance to sightsee your beautiful country, Ms. Amaterasu. I've been very interested in Besita ever since I listened to your stories about the culture."