Chapter 67.2 ~ Discussion

AN: Phew... Long day today. Sorry this got out late but yeah... Hope you enjoy it~ As usual, vote and comments would be appreciated~

His majesty took the seat of honor and the prince sat to his left while the prime minister sat to his right. It was the second time Leon saw the prime minister with the first during the audience. He was a well built middle age man with neatly combed back silver hair and stern blue eyes. If the royal commander had the aura of a dignified fiery lion, then he would have the aura of a cold and dignified ice panther.

Leon approached his sit but before he sat down, he bowed towards the prime minister and introduced himself.

"It is an honor to meet you again, prime minister. My name is Leon Misteltein, leader of the adventurer party Crimson Lightning. Although I have been given permission to attend this meeting, I would like to excuse myself for barging in to this important discussion."

"It is nice to meet you again, Leon. I am Darius von Lockster, serving as the prime minister for this Kingdom. There is no need to hold back in this discussion. In order to solve this incident, your help is essential. That is why his majesty had invited you to join this meeting. And even if he didn't, I would invite you instead."

"Thank you for your generous evaluation of myself. I shall do my best to reach your expectation."

"Umu."

With an unchanging icy expression, Darius nodded and took his seat with poise. To Leon and Alex, they didn't notice the subtle change in Darius. However, to everyone else in the room, they noticed Darius's satisfied expression towards Leon's answer. They couldn't help but smile slightly at his behavior of not wanting to show any form of satisfied expression in order to keep his subordinates in check that they come to know after long years of working with him.

After their introduction, Alex and Leon noticed that there was only one seat left.

"Ah, forgive me. I did not know that Alex would be coming as well. I shall call of someone to prepare it."

"It is fine your highness. I'll just stand behind Leon. Since I am just going to be presenting information and some evidence, there is no need to trouble yourself over this."

"Is that really fine?"

"Yes."

"...Very well."

Leon looked at Alex for a while and he just smiled, conveying that it's fine for Leon to take the sit. With that Leon smiled back at him and took the sit while Alex stood beside him.

The excuse Alex gave the king was actually only half of why he chose to stand beside Leon. It was his way of acting as his reason for existence as Leon's servant. Although such action was trivial, it brought him great pride to serve Leon that way. Even just by standing beside him like his aide, Alex could already feel the joy of fulfilling his duty.

"Well then, let us start this discussion. Darius, please give us the summary of the incident."

"Understood, your majesty."

Darius then brought up a compilation of paper containing reports and summary of the incident and began his summary which starts from the start of the assault.

"Leon, are there any inconsistencies in his report with what happened in reality."

"No, your majesty. Everything went as the prime minister said."