Chapter 38.2 ~ Freya's Date

AN: Here's the continuation of the date~~ Hope you enjoy it :D

Leon wondered why she became so enthusiastic so suddenly and found out why when he read the content of the play. It was a story of a young man who defended a city from an ancient monster and became a hero.

He froze for a second, but realising that it was a common premise, he hoped he was wrong.

However, after seeing the picture, he was actually right.

The picture showed a young man with black hair and red eyes just like him. In addition, he also wore a black overcoat. There was no doubt that it was a play made after his accomplishment of defeating the behemoth.

Realizing this, Leon wanted to say that he didn't want to watch it. No matter how calm and composed he usually is, he would still be embarrassed to death watching an exaggerated play with him as the model.

However he couldn't say it. Freya was very excited for it proven by how fast she was dragging Leon to the ticket counter and the sparkles in her eyes. There was no escape for him...

Rather than lamenting in his fate of having to watch a play after him, he began thinking of how he could minimize the damage on his psyche.

However, as he watched the play, Leon realized how naive he was in thinking that he could even minimize the damage.

The story was indeed about Crimson Lightning, centered around Leon, defeating the behemoth. However, it exaggerated too much to the point that that only the part that him defeating the behemoth was true.

"Oh! What a noble and brave young man you are! Truly you are a hero blessed by the Gods!"

"I am not a hero, oh guild master. I am just a man who couldn't stand watching the innocents be trampled upon by that beast. No matter what, I shall defeat it for the sake of the people!"

The crowd went wild every time "Leon" said those embarrassing lines with a straight face, and they began cheering even louder during the battle scene between Leon and the behemoth. Even Freya was watching it with sparkling eyes.

Only Leon had his palm on his face, writhing as he watched the exaggerated image of himself on the stage. It was incredibly embarrassing to the point that Leon wondered how could the actor that acted as him could say such embarrassing lines with a straight face.

After the two longest hours of Leon's life, the play ended with Lily, Freya and Vyra kissing Leon after he managed to defeat the behemoth. Polygamy was normal in this world, thus no one questioned it, except for Leon.

In this world, a man could fall in love with several women and marry them as long as he could provide for all of them. However, a woman couldn't fall in love with several men and marry them. It was a double standard that heavily favored men. Leon, however, did not know of this fact. Since the only thing he had seen was one man having multiple wives, he assumed that one woman having multiple husbands was also normal.

Then he thought, if he loved Freya, he didn't think he could stand her loving another man at the same time. It was a side of him of wanting to monopolize the woman he loves which he didn't even realize he has.

It was a similar feeling of anger when Lily was about to get touched by other men or when Vyra and Freya were leered at. Leon felt it, however he was unable to recognize what it was.

Do I want to monopolize Lily, Vyra and Freya's affection? No, I don't even know what affection is, there was no way I could feel affection towards them. But if so...