Chapter 40.1 ~ Charlotte's Date(?) and The Guild Master's Return

AN: Hey guys, here's another new chapter for the week! I still haven't heard if you guys want to have a Q&A or not. Maybe I should Make a dedicated chapter for that but... If you want to have it, please comment down below~ Without further ado, hope you enjoy the chapter~

"Master! Wake up~"

Leon was awaken by Charlotte's voice and her shaking very early in the morning. Her usual quiet and flat tone had a tinge of excitement in her voice today.

The young man who was the player assistant's, Charlotte's master rose up from his bed. He was used to waking up early in the morning, sometimes even at dawn, due to his work of maintaining multiple companies under him. However, ever since coming to this world, he sometimes woke up a little bit later when he didn't had anything plan such as morning training or other businesses. But he did not do that out of his laziness.

After he was done for the day, Leon would experiment with the magic system or develop a new magic spell. Since the magic system in this world differ from the one he knew from Grandeur Fantasia, there was many to be researched. He would've like to visit a library which contained information about magic, however the libraries in Lingenia weren't very complete. Most information he got were the things he had already known. Since he needed to wait for the guild master to return, he couldn't possibly search for a library outside of town since it would take a while to travel.

Last night, he was researching about enchantments. The only time Leon had done enchantment since coming to this world was when he was enchanting Lily's bow. Since then, he found out that several differences between the enchanting system between Grandeur Fantasia and this world. Firstly, there weren't any pop-up window box listing possible enchantments while he was enchanting in this world. However, he still managed to enchant Lily's bow. Later, he found out that the reason he was successful was because he managed to accurately imagine the effect of the enchantment. Since he had seen the effect of for instance increase attack power enchantment in Grandeur Fantasia, he was able to accurately enchant the effect.

However, there were still limitations. He could enchant a weapon or an item without an enchantment stone, but its effect will not be permanent. For instance, he could enchant a piece of glass with <<Examine>> and anyone could see information about items. However, it only lasted a few hours until the enchantment disappears. In addition, he had tried to enchant a weapon with a magic spell in hopes to make it a magic weapon, but without a medium to store the magic such as a magic stone, he failed to do so. The other limitation was similar to the limitations for enchantment in Grandeur Fantasia in which the number of enchantments and its strength are dependent on the rank of the equipment. For example, a rank D equipment could only have one enchantment and if that enchantment is an increase in attack power, it would only be a slight increase. In contrast, a rank S equipment can have up to 5 enchantments and it would be a significant increase.

He also researched about the EX skills and the requirements to activate it. However, he wasn't able to produce any result yet. It seemed there was something to the requirement that Leon didn't found out yet for its activation.

Leon finishes up his research pretty late in the night. Thus, he was still a bit tired when Charlotte wake him up.

"Good morning, master~"

"...Charlotte, is something the matter?"

"Today is the day master will bring me out on a date."

"Yes I remember, and so?"

"Then let's go right now."

"...Charlotte, it's still very early in the morning."