Chapter 88.2 ~ Preparations for the Academy

AN: When life gives you lemons, you make a lemonade. Well, right now I'm trying to find my lemon squeezer. Hope you guys enjoy this one~!!

It was a clear sunny day, a normal morning for the students of the Royal Academy. Students were all walking towards the school in a leisurely pace. It was now 8 o'clock in the morning while class starts at 9.

However, to come early was to be expected for nobility. Tardiness was unacceptable as it would reflect the person's poor time management skills and laziness to learn, causing their reputation to fall to the gutter and became a stock for nobles' gossips.

Each student greeted each other with polite words and elegance. However, this wasn't a sign of unfriendliness, but rather the norm. This was a school to train young nobleman and ladies in magic and martial arts, and study the necessary skills to become a proper nobility.

In fact, harmless small talks during greeting was a sign of friendliness. If one would show unfriendliness, they would slip in snide comments disguised as concern while keeping a beaming smile.

"A very good morning to you, Lady Cecily!"

"Ara, a very good morning to you as well, Lady Lilica. You seemed to be very joyful this morning."

"Yes! I was able to ask my father to buy me the perfume you suggested! I love the fragrance of it very much that I could not do without it!"

"Ohohoho! Is that so? Well, it was only natural since I was the one who suggested it! Shall we go to class now?"

"It would be an honor, Lady Cecily!"

However, as their rank rises, many young, inexperienced nobles would show their prideful side towards others below their rank.

Cecily von Lucrious, the daughter of Duke Lucrious, was one such person. Her family was one of the highest ranked families, with the position of Duke, in the kingdom. Needless to say, riches and influence was but a given for her.

Anything she wanted would be ready the night or the next day. She was free to do anything she wanted, and due to her extremely beautiful looks, her family spoiled her rotten since she was young.

She was an alluring lady with long, smooth blonde hair which seemed to reflect the radiant light of the sun. Her soft, light skin, unblemished by any impurity, her mature body, and her incredibly beautiful face caused countless men to be her prisoners and sing her praises every time they meet.

Her looks and position, in addition to her above average magic power and skills, made her a prime candidate for almost any noblemen.

Living such a life, it was no wonder that she became a spoiled young lady. And due to her position as the daughter of a duke, no one dared to berate her.

If she was near the crown prince's age, it wouldn't be strange if she thought of forcing her father to engage her to him. In fact, she tried to do so once after meeting Alvis in a ball. However, it was impossible for her to do so since he was already engaged.

Although she regretted it, it was impossible for her to try and break the engagement between the crown prince and the woman he chose himself. In addition, his fiance was the lady who's called the most beautiful and intelligent girl in high aristocracy. Rather than trying to fight against such opponent in a meaningless battle, only to be humiliated in the end, she'd rather find another man.