Really Not A Creep (Part One) | Peter Parker [TH]

Peter Parker was a nice kid, but he wasn't your friend.

Although he was in the grade below you, he was in a majority of your classes. You weren't sure why you rarely spoke to him. Perhaps it because you always caught him staring at you. His eyes would go wide, his cheeks would burn, and his lips would part like he would say something, but nothing ever came out of his mouth. He gaped like a fish out of water. It just made you uncomfortable.

You weren't used to having someone notice you in school. Since freshman year, you had been pushed to the side. You were invisible; an afterthought. You weren't the target for most bullies until you were the only one in their path.

Peter was usually the target for your bullies, and if he wasn't at school, you would get picked on. It wasn't his fault, but you couldn't help but get a little angry at him every time he didn't show up to school - which had been more frequent.

So Peter Parker was a nice kid, but he wasn't your friend.

After third period, Flash always stood outside of English class. You shared the class with Peter who, like the last three days, had not shown up. He was grouped with a couple of girls that he probably bribed to hang out with him. He bought all of his friends.

"Hey, geek," he said lamely, eyeing you as you walked by.

You kept your head ducked down and your books to your chest. Your mother always said that bullies would get bored if there wasn't a reaction out of the victim.

Flash wasn't just any bully, apparently, because he shot his foot out next. You tried to halt your steps in time, but you ended up tripping over him anyway. Your arms dropped your books and your body tipped forward. Your chin slammed painfully against the floor, arms useless on either side of your head. You didn't catch yourself in time.

Everyone laughed. Everyone.

Your face was red and your eyes were watering from the throbbing along your jaw, your chin, and your teeth. You slowly pulled yourself up to your feet.

"Oh crap, are you actually crying? So you do have emotions!" Flash exclaimed, laughing.

If you ignore him, he will stop.

But the anger that surged through you was too much to just ignore him. You took a giant step towards him and drew your fist back. His eyes widened as your fist neared his face, ending directly on his nose.

He cried out, blood gushing from his face, hands covering his nose. You blinked in surprise. Your hand was wet with the blood that dripped from your knuckles and in between your fingers.

The girls around him gasped. One of them, a tall brunette, swung her head to you. "You freak!" she said, and she pushed you backwards.

You fell on your back, more surprised with yourself than anything. You suppressed a laugh as Flash looked up from his hands, crying at the sight of blood in his palms.

When a giggle broke through your lips, Flash reached down and lifted you to your feet by the front of your shirt.

"Look," he spat, "I'm usually against hitting girls, but you're proving to be less of a girl and more like a pain!"

His face connected with your face before you could wiggle away. You yelped and fell on the ground, dragging him on top of you.

"Fight! Fight! Fight!"

Although you fought back, swinging your fists around, you weren't able to overpower Flash, who was running on pure anger and spite.

He knocked you three times in the eye. By the third time his knuckles connected with your eye, you were fading in and out. The pain was almost unbearable, but not as bad as the ringing in your ears.