Beauty and the Beast | Flash Thompson [TR]

You woke up beyond excited for school, which was really odd for you. But rumor was that Flash Thompson, your longtime crush and friend, liked you, and he was planning a homecoming proposal.

Peter had heard it from Ned, who heard it from a group of freshmen in the bathroom, who heard it from Flash's group of close friends. Knowing his friends, they were probably making fun of him for liking someone like you.

But Flash clearly liked you. He was never mean to you or around you. He tried again and again to prove himself to be a good person. And he complimented you on everything - your looks, your grades, anything.

That was a crush, right?

"You think he'll ask you today?" Ned asked. He was walking to school with you.

"I don't know," you said, scrolling through yours and Flash's text messages.

What's up, gorgeous?

Nothing. Just watching Beauty and the Beast.

I haven't seen that it years.

Um how??? It's the BEST. You have to watch it again!

Twenty minutes later, he'd sent you a picture of the VHS tape version of the animated movie with the caption:

Look what I found! Gonna hook up our old tape player and watch my girlfriend's favorite movie.

You blushed at that message alone. You'd never been asked out by Flash, but you were never going to be used to the flirting he always did. He he called you his girlfriend-

"Maybe." You turned towards Ned, grinning. "Do you think he will?"

"I dunno," he said. "But it'd make sense. If any girl has a chance to be with Flash, it's you. You're the funniest, nicest girl around. And you're hot. Not saying that I think you're hot, but just... generally."

"Thanks, Ned," you said, laughing. "I hope he asks me."

"He'd be stupid not to," Ned said.

"Yeah," you agreed, and Ned laughed.

He held the door open for you as you walked in the school. You were talking about your dress, which you had bought a week ago. It was a gold you knew Flash liked on you. Just as you were moving on the shoes, Ned looked away and stopped.

"Oh no," he said.

"What?" you asked. "Ned, aren't you listening to me? I get you don't like shoes talk but c'mon, my dress is like Belle's in Beauty and the Beast-"

"___," he said. He winced.

"What-"

"Yes!" a girly squeal made you look over.

Your heart sank.

Flash had his arms around a tiny blonde with long hair. One of his friends. In his hands, a red rose, like the one from the movie you loved so much, and a sign that read: HOMECOMING? in what looked like the font for the movie title.

All of it looked like it could be made for you, but his arms were around another girl.

"Oh no, ___," Ned said.

Your eyes welled up with tears. Your breath hitched in your throat and Flash's eyes met yours. He was emotionless.

Unable to look any longer, you turned around and rushed off.