You Can't Tell Anyone | Flash Thompson [TR]

You were cheerfully unpacking your duffle bag. Liz was yanking a comb through her ebony hair and glancing at you through the mirror. Piles of clothes that you had brought were stacking up on the bed.

"___, are you serious? We're here for, like, three days," she said, eyeing the stack of cute tops.

"I-I know but, like, you never know," you said, shrugging to brush off the grin you were showing. "I can never decide what to wear."

She gave you a knowing smile.

You laughed nervously. "What?"

"You know what," she said, sitting down on the other full sized bed. "You're trying to look cute for him."

You blushed red. "W-Well what's wrong with that? Can't a girl look nice for the guy she's been secretly dating for a week?"

Liz gasped dramatically. "O. M. G. You're dating him?"

Practically squealing with excitement, you held a finger over your lips and nodded. Liz clapped her hands together and grinned from ear to ear. She was stifling giggles with her hand as you sat down in front of her.

"You can't tell anyone," you whispered. "Flash and I want to keep it a secret."

"Of course I won't tell anyone! But why are you hiding it? You and Flash have liked each other for, like, months!"

"We just... don't know how people will respond. Not everyone will be as excited as you are, Liz," you said.

She nodded in agreement. "You're right, ___. Don't worry - my lips are sealed." She leaned forward and grabbed your hands. "Oh, sweetie, I'm so happy for you!"

You smiled. "Thanks, Liz."

A knock on the hotel room door made both of your laughter end. You stood up and walked to the door, sliding the chain and unlocking the door knob. You yanked open the door and felt your heart skip a beat when you saw Flash.

"Hey," you breathed, voice airy and sweet.

He smiled, eyes glistening with adoration as he looked at you. "Hey babe," he said softly. He stepped halfway in and then saw Liz. "Oh. H-Hey, Liz. Hey."

She laughed. "Hey, Flash."

You bit down on your lip and looked back at him. "Did you need something?"

"I... wanted to ask if you wanted to go swimming with me," he said. He glanced back at you when Liz winked at him. "Does she know about us?"

You took a deep breath. "Yes. Don't be mad. Also, I'd love to go swimming with you. Let me change and I'll meet you at the pool."

"Okay," he said. "Alright."

You smiled and bashfully shut the door. Liz was giggling uncontrollably by the bathroom sink. You pointed a finger at her and laughed loudly.

"Liz, you're the only person I know that can make Flash lose his cool," you said.

She tilted her head. "Hm... Peter can, too."

You snickered. "Yeah. Guess it's not as hard as it seems."

...

You left the hotel room with your one piece swimsuit on and your hair tied up in a high ponytail. You were giddy with excitement as you stepped out into the warm night and padded towards the elevator, flip flops smacking against your heels with every step.

Just like you asked, Flash was waiting by the pool. He kicked off his shoes when he saw you and smiled. No one else was around.

"I hope you haven't been waiting too long," you said lightly.