Only Ever Be Him (Part One) | Peter Parker [TH]

Dating Peter wasn't that much of a change from being just his friend.

In the very beginning of the relationship, Peter didn't act that different at all. He still sat beside you on the couch with reasonable distance and didn't touch you unless you said it was okay.

It was awkward and messy and difficult to settle in the realization that you and Peter were dating. It wasn't easy to gather up the courage to take his hand or to feel bold enough to kiss him on the cheek every time you thought he was cute.

But somehow, in your total of one month and a half of dating him, you had managed to absolutely fall and fall hard.

He was on your mind constantly and you were on his. When you would greet him in the hallway, his lips would spread incredibly wide and he would hold out his hand, open and eager.

No one dared speak a word about their feelings. After all, you and Peter were fifteen and barely together. People would do nothing but criticise.

On a Tuesday, you were sitting in English and waiting for class to start. Your assigned seat was the seat behind Peter. He was turned around in his seat, his arm on your desk and his chin on that arm, watching as you focused intently on what you were drawing.

"Can you guess what it is?" you asked.

He raised his eyebrows and blew. "A, uh... blob with another two blobs next to it?"

You smacked him on the side of the head, knocking some of his carefully slicked back hair to the right. Peter snickered like a child and patted down the mess, eyes crinkled with laughter.

"I'm kidding," he insisted.

You held up the paper and pouted. "It's you, me, Ned, and Michelle. See? There's Ned's hat and there's us. We're holding hands."

"Oh, okay... see, it's much easier to tell when it's not upside down. I totally see now."

You frowned. "You don't see."

Peter bit his lip. "Well, babe... it's a mess."

You laughed. "Alright. But I didn't have any references, so it's justified!"

He laughed at you.

The bell rang. Peter turned around in his seat and you put the drawing inside of a notebook. Your teacher slid inside of the room and tiredly glanced at the door. She wove her hand patiently.

"Class, today you will be getting a new classmate," she said. As she spoke, a teenage boy walked in. He did not smile as he observed the class. "Mark is new to Queens, too. Now I don't know if any of you have any other classes with him, but if you do, please help him out." She drummed her finger against her lips. "Uh... Mark, you can take the seat next to Miss ___ there in the back." The teacher pointed at you.

Mark's eyes landed on yours and he, for the first time, smiled. You felt a surge of pride (had you really made him feel that calm just by giving him the smallest smile you could offer?) and didn't notice the way Peter visibly stiffened as the boy kept his eyes locked on you as he went to his new seat.

Peter's gaze followed him until he plopped his backpack down on the ground. Mark popped his gum with his teeth and smirked at you.

Having no other choice, Peter looked away and focused on his notebook in front of him and the notes the teacher was beginning to scribble on the board. He hoped you weren't becoming too uncomfortable with the unwanted presence of the new boy.

After class, you wrote down your homework assignment at the top of your notebook paper and began to gather your things.

"Um... hi," the boy said.