I LOVE YOU BEAR-Y MUCH | Ned Leeds

You couldn't believe how lucky you were to find a guy like Ned. He was kind and respectful, funny and nerdy. He liked all the things you did and wasn't afraid to tell you anything. He was the best boyfriend a girl could've asked for, and you were unable to wrap your mind around the fact that the goofball was yours.

Sometime after school you sat at the library like you always did. It was nothing out of the ordinary to sit yourself down at one of the tables and write a bit in your journal while Ned was at decathalon practice. He liked to walk you home and you didn't mind waiting for him to be done.

You were too busy copying down favorite quotes on a page to look at the clock. You were too focused on grimacing at the fact that all the quotes had been romantic ones lately. It didn't bother you that much; it just meant that you were still head over heels in love with Ned Leeds, who had been your boyfriend for eight wonderful months.

You knew it was Ned that pulled out the chair in front of him and plopped down in it. You didn't glance up as you colored in quotation marks with a pink gel pen.

"What'cha writing?" he asked, resting his face against the knuckles of his fists.

"My journal entry," you said. "I'm almost done, sorry."

"Take your time, babe," he said, shrugging. He peeked over your arm that guarded the page from unwanted eyes. "Heart stickers, huh? I sure hope that page is for me," he joked.

You blushed with embarrassment and slammed the journal shut. He laughed as you grabbed your pink and red gel pens. "It's private, Ned," you whined.

"I was kidding," he said. You pouted and put your gel pens in your pencil case. He placed a hand on yours to stop you. "Babe. Seriously, finish. I won't look."

"Not if you're just going to make me embarrassed over what I write about you."

He sighed. "___-"

You stood up and put your backpack on your shoulders. You held out your hand and smiled. "Come on, I'll just finish it at home. I kind of want to get a coffee anyway."

Ned smiled back and stood up. He pushed his chair in. "You just assume that I'll take you to get a coffee?"

"Yes," you said matter-of-factly.

"Well," he sighed, rolling his shoulders, "you're right."

You laughed softly and squeezed his hand. He pushed open the door for the library and stepped aside to let you go through first.

"How did practice go?"

"Fine," he said.

"You think you're ready for Nationals?" you asked him.

He shrugged. "Yeah, I mean. I guess."

You stared at your boyfriend with sympathetic eyes. He was looking straight ahead but you could tell his mind was elsewhere.

"Ned," you tried.

He looked at you. "Yeah?"

"Stop worrying about Peter, okay?" you asked. He opened his mouth to speak, but you shook your head. "I know that's who you're thinking about. I know there's something you're not telling me but it's okay, I get it. What Spider-Man does is dangerous. I just hope that you know better than to worry yourself sick. He can handle himself."

"Thanks babe," he said, smiling.

You squeezed his hand.

Outside the sun was too bright and the intensity of it burned your eyes. Ned was more like himself again, joking and talking about how excited he was to get his next set of Legos in the mail. This time it would be Starkiller Base instead of the Death Star.