Shopping Trip | Peter Parker [TH]

Peter groaned as soon as the words left your mouth. Black Friday.

"Come on, sweetheart," you whined, head tilted back. "It'll be fun."

"There's nothing fun about being stuffed in a toy store all night with hundreds of people cramming the aisles," he argued. He shrugged. "I'm sorry, babe, but it's true. Black Friday sucks."

"That's not true, Pete," you said. "So what if it's crowded? We can get coffee and it'll be like a date. We hardly ever get to hang out anymore." You pouted, knowing quite well it was the easiest way to get to your boyfriend, who became practically mush every time you blinked up at him.

"Babe," he whined, cringing as he tried to avoid your eyes. You didn't back down. He sighed, hanging his head in defeat. "You know I can't say no to that face," he mumbled.

You grinned triumphantly. "I know," you said, reaching up to plant a kiss on his cheek, "and I love you."

He tried not to smile but failed. "What do you want so bad from the toy store anyway?" he asked.

"Legos," you said.

"Oh, for Ned?" he asked.

"Um... sure," you said slowly. "For Ned. And maybe some for me, too."

Peter snickered. "You want to go shopping for yourself-"

"Hush it, Parker!" you said, unsuccessfully suppressing giggles. "They just released a few brand new sets from The Last Jedi and it is crucial that I get a Finn Lego. You know how much I love Finn."

"Yeah," he said, "definitely more than you love me."

"If you continue to tease me, sweetheart, I just might love Finn more," you threatened, bursting out laughing at the surprised, sad look on his face.

...

At eleven at night, May was getting ready to turn in and Peter was tying his shoes. He was grumpy, having just woken up from a hour long nap on the couch. Aunt May lightly scolded him for being such a grouch, kissed him on top of the head, and said goodnight.

When the door knocked, he didn't even bother looking to see who it was. Only his crazy girlfriend would be over this late to drag him out into the cold.

"Hey," you greeted, shutting the door behind you. "I brought coffee!"

"Thank goodness," he mumbled, taking the cup you were handing him.

"The store opens at twelve, so we have an hour to get down there and wait in line."

He didn't respond, just gulped down coffee, ignoring the burning of his tongue. He needed caffeine.

"Slow down there," you said. "You might need to come up for air, or you know, not burn the taste buds off your tongue."

He rolled his eyes. "Let's just get this over with, okay?"

You frowned. "You don't have to come with me, Peter," you said.

Peter knew that, by the absence of a nickname, you were being serious. And he felt a little nervous. You were never serious, and he was always sweetheart or Pete or Parker or babe - not Peter.

"I just mean that you don't seem thrilled with the idea of going," you said, "and that's okay. You don't have to come. I know you're busy with the internship and I know you've been losing a lot of sleep with it. Just stay."

He shook his head. "And miss out on a midnight date with my girl? No way," he said. Your eyes softened. "Look, I know I'm grumpy, but you brought it on yourself."