I Wouldn't Miss It For The World (Part One) | Peter Parker [TH]

Peter had just slipped inside of his first period class when he already heard Flash's loud, booming laugh practically shake the walls. He groaned, feeling particularly annoyed at the boy. He hadn't even done anything yet. Yet.

Admittedly, most of his annoyance stemmed from the fact that Flash's sister was the girl Peter was head over heels in love with. Like, so in love that one smile from her sent his heart into a frenzy and melted his eyes like snow in the sun. So obsessed with her that the sound of her laugh alone was his favorite song.

Peter would take a thousand beatings to keep her safe. He would fight endlessly to make her smile. He would do anything in his power to keep her happy and content.

But none of that would matter to Flash, who was more protective over his little sister than anything.

Peter plopped down in his seat and slammed his books down. He grumbled an apology to all of the half asleep kids he'd startled awake and blew heavily.

He had been hanging out with you more often, which he was realizing was more dangerous. Last night, during a particularly brutal game of Phase 10 between you, him, and Aunt May, he'd nearly kissed you. You had just skipped him for the fourth time in a row and the giggle that burst out of your lips made his entire body freeze - but warm up at the same time. If May hadn't cackled and then groaned when she didn't get the card she'd needed, he would have done it.

If he wanted to kiss you, he'd have to deal with Flash being more of a pain than usual. He would probably get smacked around. Even if you didn't feel the same way, he'd get beat up. Plus he'd lose you as a friend and would be miserable.

So he wouldn't attempt to kiss you and he would keep a bit of distance between you and him. It was for the best.

But that believe left him as soon as he saw you walk into the class. You seemed to walk in slow motion like one of those cheesy I-just-saw-the-girl-of-my-dreams moments in a romantic comedy.

You looked radiant, with your hair curled and bouncing on your shoulders and your lips a rich shade of maroon. You wore a casual black dress that went down to your knees and had half sleeves.

You waved to your brother's friends and made your way to the seat next to Peter. He tried to compose himself quickly.

"Hey, Peter," you said, voice as light and cheerful as ever.

"Hi," he replied.

"Glad to see you're not still pouty about me kicking your butt last night," you laughed.

He grinned. "Yeah... you're pretty good at that game. Even better than Aunt May - but I think she likes that." He gestured to your outfit. "Why are you all dressed up?"

"Oh. Because of the band concert tonight," you said. You subconsciously touched a lock of hair that draped down the length of your arm. "Why? Does it look bad? Is it the lipstick? Flash and Liz both said it was pretty but my mom told me it might be too purple-"

"N-No, it's great!" he rushed. "It's not too purple at all. Your mom is crazy." You smiled at that. He nodded. "You look really pretty today, ___."

You raised your eyebrows. "Thank you, Peter," you breathed.

He swallowed. Just. Kiss. Her.

"You're still coming to the concert though, right? Even though you forgot?"

No. Distance yourself.

He nodded. "Oh yeah, totally. Wouldn't miss it for the world."

You grinned. "Oh good! I was so worried you wouldn't want to come. The music we're playing this semester is so. Lame. And I know that everyone is always pressuring you to join band again or whatever..." You waved your hand and rolled your eyes.