My World | Peter Parker [TH]

thirty minutes earlier

"Peter, listen to me," Liz's dad warned.

It was your idea to catch a ride with Liz for homecoming. Of course, you didn't know her father was a deranged criminal.

"Don't try to stop me. I will hurt everyone you care about. Your aunt, your friends, even that girlfriend of yours. You don't want that, do you?"

Peter shook his head quickly. Dread filled him. "N-No sir."

"I know you're trying to do the right thing," he said, "but so am I." He unlocked the door.

Shaking and feeling overly nauseous, Peter climbed out of the car. He stumbled up the steps, lips white and face blanched. All he could think of, over and over, was you being used against him.

He stepped inside of the gymnasium. Through the glass doors, he saw you. You were beautiful, standing with a cup of soda in your hand and another hand on Michelle's shoulder.

His group of friends turned when they saw him. They all waved, grinning ear to ear. You blushed and smiled.

For the first time, Peter wished he had a normal life.

He pulled the door open. His steps were slow and sluggish. You grew impatient and ran to him, holding your hands out to pull his against you. You laughed softly and stopped in front of him, a lone curl hanging in front of your eyes.

"Peter," you said, "I requested our song."

He swallowed. He let go of one hand and reached to push the curl behind your ear. He felt tears in his eyes.

"I have to go," he said. "I'm sorry. I love you and I'm sorry."

Disappointment altered your features. You sighed and ducked your head briefly.

"I'll explain everything," he said.

You looked into his brown eyes and smiled. "Go," you said, kissing him on the lips. "This is your world and the world needs you more now than I do. It's just a dance, Peter. I love you."