There's Just One Thing I Need (Part Four) | Peter Parker [TH]

It was the day of your first date with Spider-Man.

That was weird to think about. So weird, in fact, that as you sat in front of your mirror, creating soft curls with your iron, you began to rethink every minute of your time with him.

You had met him nearly a month ago. You could easily think of him as your best friend after all of the hours you'd spent hanging out with him and after he saved your life. He knew you better than anybody else. You told him things you would never tell your parents. You told him all about the hardships of going to Midtown - and he listened to them.

But he never told you a thing about himself.

You knew he was sixteen, you knew he had an aunt that he lived with, but that was it. Other than the brief glimpse of his chin and lips as he sipped the hot cocoa you made, you didn't know what he looked like, who he was, or what his name was.

The thought made you uneasy. What if he wasn't the great guy you thought he was? What if you'd managed to let yourself trust a boy that didn't deserve your trust at all? Sure, he was a superhero, but what about the person under the mask? Was he the kind of guy that disrespected his aunt? Did he go to parties and drink? Was he horrible to people? Was he horrible to girls he said he liked?

You could think of a hundred things that could make him a bad person. And although he hadn't given you one indication of him being bad, that didn't mean he wouldn't show it at some point. What if, as soon as you started to date him, you heard of all these bad things about him? Or he treated you differently? What if you had really fallen for the villain all along?

You were too caught up in your thoughts. Dressed in a soft white sweater, hair curled, and boots on, you decided to have a cup of peppermint mocha. There was something about the feeling of winter, of Christmastime, that made you calm.

While you sipped the sugary, chocolate drink, you looked in the direction of the closet, where you had hidden all of the presents you had been buying for your family and friends. You wanted to buy for one person in particular, but it seemed impossible, since you knew absolutely nothing about him.

But maybe you could use that to try and find out more about him.

He knocked on the glass (that was now shut tight) and you put your mug down. You walked over, drew back your curtains, and then unlocked the pane. He yanked it up automatically.

"Wow, it's cold!" he exclaimed, stepping inside and shutting the window. He blew and rubbed his arms up and down. "Jeez. Make sure you bring a coat, Snowflake, 'cause-" He stopped mid sentence as the whites of his mask raked over your outfit. "Holy crap, you look great!"

You made fists with your hands and blushed, unable to contain the grin of pure joy on your face.

"You're like... wow, I don't know. You look like Christmas. Like Christmas joy!" You tilted your head to the side, eyebrows furrowing. He waved a hand dismissively. "I- never mind. That was weird. You look great. You ready?"

"Uh... sure," you said. "Where are we going?"

"The roof," he said, pure excitement in his voice.

You felt a twinge of disappointment. "Oh."

"Is something wrong?" he asked.

You bit your lip and looked down. "I don't know, I was thinking... maybe you'd dress up."

"Uh, well," he huffed, blowing. "A bow tie really doesn't go with the suit," he joked.

You forced a smile. "Right. Okay, let's go."

Just like always, he helped you up on the window sill.

Just like always, he wrapped an arm around your waist and shot a web up towards the sky.