When We're Together (Part Three) | Peter Parker [TH]

In the midst of Christmas chaos, your heart grew heavier and heavier. You were loaded with guilt, packed with regret. You'd lost count of the number of times you had picked up your phone to try and send Peter a text or call him, only to get a disconnected line or an error message on your screen because, wherever he was, he couldn't send a text.

On Peter's "third day of Christmas", three of your favorite books wrapped in brown paper appeared at your door. They were each perfectly new.

On Peter's "second day of Christmas", a box of two mini fruitcakes appeared at your door. You couldn't help but laugh; for your first Christmas party, Peter brought two fruitcakes over and no one ate a single bite of one. It had been a joke between the two of you for years.

That night was your Christmas party. Although you were tempted to cancel, Michelle and Ned begged you to have it. They were desperate to get you in the holiday spirit - despite knowing how sad you were.

"Stop worrying about Peter," Michelle told you as she poured eggnog in tiny plastic cups. "So you two had a fight. That's not the end of the world, ___. Don't let a boy ruin your night." She picked a cup up and bumped her hip against yours, disappearing into the living room.

"Yeah," you said. "Thanks." It sucked that you couldn't talk to her about the truth. You were secretly hoping she would just find out Peter was Spider-Man.

Ned passed by and touched your arm. "Hey, Pete is gonna come home. He's not gonna leave you waiting."

You sniffed. "Yeah, but when?"

Ned sighed. "Peter loves you a lot. He has for a long time. I get that Christmas isn't the same without him, but you shouldn't let it bring you down. I bet he misses you just as much."

You nodded. "But you didn't see him when I left. I hurt him, Ned." You distracted yourself with filling bowls with chips. "I should have told him that I loved him."

"Dude, he knows," he said. "And he hurt you first! Both of you were bad people."

You rolled your eyes. "Jeez, thanks."

Ned grinned and shrugged. "Just trying to help."

You sighed. "I'm not sure this is really helping."

"Well, maybe try talking to people, ya know, at the party you're currently throwing?" He grabbed your arm and tugged gently. You smiled at the invitation. "C'mon, Do You Wanna Build A Snowman is on the playlist per your request. I'll tell Flash to play it and you and I can dance together."

Your eyes gleamed. "You would do that for me?" You took his hand when he nodded and followed him into the living room.

In the middle of the makeshift dance floor, people danced alone or with one another to the booming sound of Frozen music. Laughter filled the room. Ned grabbed one of your hands and held it up between you both. You both swung around, laughing and spinning, singing along.

For once, you felt calm.

Michelle even joined in, the three of you dancing together to Jingle Bell Rock. It was the most fun you had managed to have since Peter left.

Towards the end of the party, you gave your friends their gifts. Ned got a set of Legos from The Last Jedi and Michelle got a box set of several thick novels you knew she wanted. After a long series of tight hugs, they left, you waving out the window as they walked towards their parents' cars.

Alone in your house, you grabbed an empty trash bag and went around your living room, picking up empty cups and plates. Cleaning was a much harder job without your boyfriend, who happened to be able to climb walls with no problem.