We Need To Save Her | Flash Thompson (TR) / Peter Parker [TH/TM]

It was difficult to pinpoint exactly when your boyfriend started acting weird, but it was definitely getting more noticeable. What first started as him growing more, uncharacteristically reserved, blossomed into him being so quiet and moody that even you were bothered.

Even Peter, who tried his best not to care about your relationship with Flash, was worried - mostly because the way he was acting was effecting the way you were acting.

"You need to eat," he said softly, not wanting to stir up any anger.

You were currently sitting across from him, leg bouncing, fork jabbed into a piece of lettuce, eyes locked on the open cafeteria doors, wondering if your boyfriend was finally going come to school or if this was going to be another no show kind of day.

"___," Peter said, tilting his head, frowning. He grabbed your hand, the one holding the fork that you hadn't quite realized was moving.

It was shaking. Had you remembered to eat breakfast? You weren't sure. You did feel weak and tired, though, and that wasn't a good sign.

"I'm not hungry," you said.

"Eat," he said. "Just a couple of bites so you don't pass out on me. I'd hate to carry you to the nurses office." He smiled warmly. It was a smile that reassured you, a smile from the boy that always loved you but never did anything about it. "I know you're worried about Flash and all that, but that's no excuse to through your blood sugar all out of whack."

You reluctantly agreed, reaching over and snatching a couple of fries off his plate. He held out his hands, surprise on his face.

"Hey!" he protested. "If you wanted fries so badly, you should have gotten some."

You smiled and chewed. "Sharing is caring, Peter Parker." You pushed your tray towards him. "Feel free to have some of my salad. No croutons though!"

He grabbed his fork and gave you a look of disbelief. "Seriously?" he asked, jabbing the prongs into a piece of lettuce and grilled chicken. "Croutons are the best part."

"Fine. One," you said.

"Thank you," he said, scooping one up with the fork.

You glanced down at your phone, turning on the screen to see if you had received a message. Although you didn't expect one, you still felt a surge of disappointment run through you.

Peter frowned, chewing the salad in his mouth. He hated to see you so upset almost as much as he hated to see you with Flash. "Hey, he'll be alright."

"I don't know," you mumbled. "I mean, all of the stress of his parents separating and him getting sick randomly last month... everything has just been so bad for him, Peter, and I don't think I can make it any better."

"Are you kidding me? Flash is lucky to have you," Peter said. "If anyone can help him, it's you." He smiled at you, his heart clenching as he thought about how happy you made him. "You're just that kind of person, ___."

Which led him to think about how much he loved you.

And brought him to the realization that you didn't love him, but loved Flash instead.

And then how he couldn't be mad at you because of that because he was so stupidly in love with you, and you were just his best friend, but he swore he saw everything he'd ever wanted in a girl in you.

"Thanks, Peter," you said, reaching across the table. You placed a hand over his. "You're a good friend."

Peter's smile slowly disappeared. You pulled your fingers back, collecting your trash and tray. He watched you with a fallen expression, his heart nearly breaking in two.