Pizza Delivery | Peter Parker [TM]

"Woah... he just stole that guy's pizza!"

You stared with wide eyed wonder at the cloudy skies of Queens as Spider-Man swung across the busy highway, a stack of pizzas in his hand. You were even more pleased to see that the boxes were directly from where you worked.

"I don't think he stole them," you said, grinning from ear to ear. As Spider-Man flew on by, you looked at the man that had exclaimed those words. "Spider-Man wouldn't do that to anybody."

"Then why would he be stealing some dude's pizza?" the man asked. He shook his head. "It just doesn't add up now does it, sweetheart?" He rolled his eyes and walked away.

You frowned at him but quickly lifted your spirits by taking off down the sidewalk. Spider-Man had just swung in front of a couple of children and saved them from getting hit by a truck. You stared in awe.

Spider-Man had been a hero of yours since he popped up a year or so ago. He had saved you from a mugging that left you practically traumatized.

He shot a web and was off again. You watched him disappear, pizza boxes in hand.

Smiling to yourself, you trudged back to the pizza place where you worked.

...

"Joe's twenty minute guarantee is a promise, man. I know to you, Parker, a promise means nothing. But to me, it's serious."

"It's serious to me too, Mr. Aziz," Parker tried lamely. He knew it was over.

Mr. Aziz shook his head. "You're fired. Go."

Peter frowned. "Please, I need this job-"

"You're fired."

The door chimed as you stepped in, still smiling and holding your bike helmet under your arm. You waved to Mr. Aziz.

"Got it there in twelve minutes," you said.

He nodded approvingly. "New record! Very nice."

"Thanks," you said, sliding the cash to him. You glanced at Peter. "Hey. I thought I'd run into you on the way back from Third Street. Instead I found Spider-Man. My lucky day, huh?"

"So that's why you're all happy," Mr. Aziz teased. "You saw your spider boyfriend and now you like your job."

You laughed and blushed. "He's not my boyfriend."

Mr. Aziz nodded. "Wishful thinking for you, right?" You scoffed and he laughed. "You've got another delivery on Sixth. The pizza will be out in a few minutes."

"Cool," you said. You turned towards Peter and smiled before you noticed the sadness in his eyes. "Is everything okay?"

Peter looked down. "Not really. I'll... see you around sometime, ___." He started to walk towards the door, shoulders slumped.

You reached out and grabbed his sleeve. "Now hang on a minute! Won't I see you tomorrow?"

"Not likely," he said. "I got fired."

Your jaw dropped. "Fired?" You turned towards Mr. Aziz, who was counting money in the register.

"Don't say anything," Peter pleaded. "It's over for me already. I don't want to get you in trouble, too."

You frowned. "Peter... I'm so sorry. This seriously sucks. I thought this day was going to be great and now I'm losing my closest friend." You dropped his arm.

Peter's eyes softened. He shook his head. "We can still be friends, ____. I was hoping we could be, anyway." He watched fondly as your face lit up again. "Maybe I could have your number? I'd love to call you sometime."