You Matter To Me (Part One) | Peter Parker [TH]

It was before first period. You were standing in the girl's bathroom, huddled up with all your closest girl friends. Liz, Heather, Heather, and Heather.

Like always, Heather McNamara and Heather Duke were gossiping in a bathroom stall. You were sitting against the wall, knees to your chest and homework in front of you. Liz was picking fuzz off her sweater.

As Heather Chandler (the self proclaimed queen of your group and the most controlling girl you knew) applied another layer of gloss to her already perfect lips, you stuck your nose in your Robotics book.

"Come on, ___," she whined, glancing at you with wide brown eyes, "the cutest guy in school has a crush on you and you're letting yourself get involved in homework."

"I don't care about what Ram thinks of me. The guy is a pig, I'm not getting with him." You blinked at her. "And Heather, since when has a boy been placed over education?"

She shrugged. "Since Flash asked me out, I guess." She smiled as she put away her lipgloss and rummaged through her makeup bag. She pulled out a fluffy brush and a compact with pink dust in it. "If my dad knew about all the makeup I put on my face, he'd kill me."

"What are you studying, anyway?" Liz asked you.

"Robotics," you mumbled. "I can't understand it for the life of me."

"I can help you," she offered, smiling sweetly.

You smiled back. "Thanks. Maybe you can come over after school?"

She nodded. "I'll have to ask my mom and dad-"

"Barf," Heather groaned, turning away from the mirror. "You two might as well hang out with Peter Parker and Ned Leeds."

You furrowed your eyebrows. "What's wrong with them?"

"They're nerds," she said, as if it was the most obvious quality to not like someone.

"Hate to break it to you, Heather, but we're all nerds," Liz said. "We go to a science based school."

She rolled her eyes. "Whatever. There's a clear line drawn between people like Flash, Heather, Heather, and I and people like Peter Parker, Ned Leeds, and Michelle whatever her last name is. And you two are threatening to walk right over it."

Liz sighed and shook her head. She was never one to fall for Heather's extreme peer pressure. She stood her own ground, something she proudly learned from her parents.

You, on the other hand, struggled to regain the little bit of respect Heather held for you. She was always belittling you, making you feel less than you were. To her, you were just a pretty face that made her feel good to be around. You looked good in lipstick and that was all that was needed in terms of self worth.

You shut your textbook sheepishly. "You're right," you mumbled.

Liz looked at you, eyebrows meeting together. You ignored her stare of disbelief and put your book in your bag.

"See?" she said, smiling. "I know what I'm talking about." She grabbed a tube of lipstick from her bag and yanked a paper towel from the dispenser. "Now put on some red lipstick. Purple isn't your color today."

...

Peter Parker glanced up from his tuna sandwich to see Heather and her group of other Heathers waltz in. He straightened his posture, knowing quite well that one of the two girls to always follow just happened to be his crush.

You were everything beautiful in Peter's eyes. He couldn't help but stare when you walked into a room. No matter what you wore, what you were doing, you were gorgeous.