①③

For a second Jungkook's entire world stopped, breath hitching as his eyes focused on the person everyone was squealing and shouting at. Maybe this project isn't going to be so bad.

"Calm down!!" the teacher screamed, trying to silence the whole class who was fangirling over a certain blonde.

Yup, you guessed it.

Kim Taehyung.

But whilst the others couldn't stop fangirling/boying and squealing at him, Jungkook wasn't able to process what just happened. There was a small possibility that he could be paired up with his biggest crush.

"SILENCE!!!" the teacher threw a book on his desk, making the screaming stop abruptly.

"I will now annouce the pairs and if something like this happens again I won't hesitate to hand out F's!"

While the others looked somewhat guilty, Jungkook was nervous and excited at the same time. What if he really got Taehyung as his partner? Would he even be able to finish the project properly when Taehyung is around? Carefully, Jungkook glanced at the older and immediately lost himself in Taehyung's beauty.

Until the other one noticed his stare. Jungkook quickly averted his eyes and his face turned beet red.

The teacher began announcing the teams and Jungkook got more nervous second by second. Then he heard his name.

"Jeon Jungkook will be paired up with..."

The Maknae inhaled sharply and pressed his eyes shut, praying to the gods that Taehyung will be his partner.

"Kim Taehyung."

Jungkook's eyes snapped opened and almost popped out of his head. His and Taehyung's stare met immediately afterwards, no one saying anything.

The other people eyed Jungkook with jealousy and anger but he didn't notice any of that. He and Taehyung kept staring into each other's eyes until the teacher finished announcing the pairs.

"I want you to start with the project now!"

Jungkook felt himself getting nervous as Taehyung was walking over to him. He blushed and fiddled with his fingers as the model settled down next to him.

"So, uh, I guess we'll be partners from now on?" Taehyung smiled lightly at Jungkook whose heart was ready to explode from the small smile.

"Y-yeah, l-looks like it.."

"Where should we start?" Taehyung asked but Jungkook was already far away in thoughts.

He truly was Kim Taehyung's partner in a biology project. To Jungkook, it's like a dream came true.

"Uhm, Jungkook..?" Taehyung waved his hand infront of his partner's face.

"S-sorry!" Jungkook apoligised immediately and looked down.

For the rest of the period they talked about the project and in the end Taehyung suggested that they should exchange numbers which they did afterwards.

Even after all of the other students left, Jungkook couldn't believe it. So he ran as fast as he could to Yoongi in the next break and almost knocked him over.

"Dude, what the hell!?"

Yoongi was about to scold his bestie but as he saw how flushed his face was and how desperate Jungkook looked, he knew that it had to wait.

"Yoongz, who is your partner?"

"Park Jimin."

"Wait, Taehyung's best friend?"

"Exactly. But that aside, what happend with you? You look like a fucking tomato, Kook."

"U-uh... a-about that..." Jungkook stuttered.

"IgotpairedupwithTaehyung..." he uttered under one breath, hoping that Yoongi hadn't understood him.

But he did.

"You what!?" Yoongi exclaimed, causing people to look at him with confusion written all over their faces.

"I-I'm sorry, the teacher decided the pairs.." Jungkook mumbled and Yoongi sighed.

"I know, I know... But promise me one thing Jungkook."

"Y-yeah?"

"Don't try anything that you'll regret afterwards." Yoongi sighed and the younger looked at him with big eyes, a quizzical but sad expression on his face.

"Don't take this the wrong way, I just don't want you to get hurt, Kook," the mint-haired explained softly, "please just don't start anything that you might regret later."

•••