⑥⑨

Taehyung groaned as his alarm went off. Turning it off, he rolled onto his stomach and dropped his face onto the pillows. Another night without getting much sleep. It's has been three days since he rejected Jungkook and he couldn't think of anything else ever since.

The blonde would wake up from nightmares in which Jungkook was crying badly but that was just a harmless example. Yesterday he woke up screaming loudly because the younger had committed suicide in his dream. Taehyung honestly didn't know why was getting so worked up by it since he didn't like Jungkook that way, right?

Sighing loudly, he heaved himself out of bed and vainly tried to save his face but he quickly gave up. Not even the heaviest make-up could cover those dark eye rings. Not bothering to comb his hair, Taehyung sauntered downstairs, ignoring the concerned glances of the maids.

"Oh god, Tae, are you alright?" his oldest brother asked worried.

"'m fine." Taehyung grumbled and started eating without saying anything else.

The two elders sighed and quietly they continued eating, eventually leaving for school. As soon as they arrived there, Taehyung immediately made his way inside, not paying attention to the screaming girls around him.

When he found Jimin, the two walked to class together. After 90 minutes the first break arrived and Taehyung was kind of nervous since Jungkook was going to eat with them aswell. He couldn't keep still and bounced up and down next to Jimin who eyed his best friend weirdly.

"Looks like someone is eager to see our Jungkookie again, huh?" he teased, noticing the light blush that spread over the model's face.

"S-shut up, it's not like that!"

Arriving in the cafeteria, Taehyung's eyes immediately found Jungkook. And damn, he almost choked at the outfit the younger was wearing.

 And damn, he almost choked at the outfit the younger was wearing

"You better not drool." Jimin laughed, receiving a punch from Taehyung.

However, as soon as the two sat down, the youngest got up and left before they could even say hello.

"What the fuck is his problem?" Yoongi cocked an eyebrow and stood up aswell.

"I'll go get him."

Several minutes went by and Taehyung had already given up because they only had three minutes of break left. But suddenly the two entered the cafeteria once again.

"I just went to get something to drink, can you not yell at me like that?" Jungkook rolled his eyes at Yoongi and settled back down, not noticing the boys had changed their seats and that he was sitting next to Taehyung.

Deep down, Taehyung knew that he had to apologise to the younger. But then again, what would he say to him? While the blonde tried to find the words, the bell rang and everyone stood up. Panicking slightly as he saw Jungkook walking away, Taehyung was fast to grab his wrist to stop him from leaving.

"W-wait, Jungkook," Taehyung mentally cursed himself for stuttering like that, "can I please talk to you?"

The brunette turned around and looked the older dead into his eyes. Taehyung gulped slightly from the intense stare, slowly letting go of Jungkook's wrist.

"C-can we—" Taehyung got interrupted as Jungkook walked past him, hitting his shoulder with his own, making the blonde stumble backwards.

Taehyung felt his heart clench as he watched the younger walk away. That just showed him even more how much he had hurt him. But Jungkook was not the only one whose heart clench when they saw each other. Taehyung felt the same.

He had finally realised that maybe how he thought of Jungkook was wrong. At first he didn't want to admit that he liked the younger after rejecting him but now he realised that something or more precisely someone was missing in his life.

And this someone was no one other than Jeon Jungkook. Feeling guilty, the model let his head hang low until a person softly knocked their shoulders together. Glancing up in surprise, Taehyung saw Yoongi looking at him, his gaze saying 'If you want him, fight for it'.

•••