⑥⓪

"Finally! I thought this would never end!" Taehyung groaned as the bell rang and got up.

Together they left the classroom and Taehyung started walking to their favorite spot, which was basically a secret place behind the school where he and Jimin never got disturbed because no one was ever there.

"Tae, where are you going? We were supposed to meet the others in the cafeteria, remember?"

Taehyung halted and mentally facepalmed, he had totally forgotten about this. Meeting up with the others meant that he'd see Jungkook again, right? Taehyung balled his hands into fists, confused about his quickening heartbeat. He couldn't see the younger now, he needed a moment for himself.

"Go on ahead, Jiminie... I'm not feeling so good, I'll catch up to you later!"

"Okay, be careful, Tae!"

Taehyung nodded before sneaking up the stairs without anyone recognising him. He now stood infront of a bathroom, which practically no one ever used. But as he was about to open it, he heard voices. Clicking his tongue in annoyance, Taehyung wanted to leave but as he heard what they were saying, his eyes widened.

"You're such a slut, always clinging to Taehyung-sunbaenim, huh?!"

"Yeah, you're only trying to get into his pants!"

Was someone bullying a person because of him again?

"N-no, I-I'm just—"

Taehyung's heart skipped a beat. That voice sounded a lot like—

"Just a what? A friend? Who are you trying to fool, Jeon?"

"I'm saying this once and for all! Stay away from Taehyung-sunbaenim! You don't deserve to be with him!"

The blonde gritted his teeth and balled his hands into fists, anger boiling inside him. That was seriously going to far! He couldn't let Jungkook get hurt because of him again! Ready to kick some ass, Taehyung slammed the door open and was greeted with loud slapping sound and a broken cry from Jungkook, followed by a thump.

Taehyung saw two boys who were towering over a trembling Jungkook who sat on the floor and held his slapped cheek while tears trickled down his face. The boys still had their hands raisen, showing Taehyung that they probably would've beaten the younger up, making the blonde want to rip their heads off. They turned around with big eyes, afraid a teacher might've caught them. But they widened even more as they saw who it was.

"What do you think you're doing?" the blonde growled, his voice dangerously low.

"W-we were just teaching this fag a lesson, s-sunbaenim! H-he was only trying to get in your pants!"

That's it. Taehyung saw red.

"WHO ARE YOU CALLING A FAG, HUH?"

The two flinched at Taehyung's outburst, looking at him with scared eyes.

"JUNGKOOK IS ONE OF THE NICEST AND LOVELIEST PEOPLE I'VE EVER MET IN MY WHOLE LIFE! AND WHAT GIVES YOU THE RIGHT TO TELL HIM THAT HE SHOULD STAY AWAY FROM ME, HUH?!" the blonde screamed at them and then punched both boys' stomachs without hesitation.

They groaned painfully and held their tummies, but Taehyung wasn't done. He pulled their hair so that his mouth was right next to their ears.

"You called him a slut but you guys are way more disgusting than a slut could ever be. And also, what's wrong with being homosexual? If you don't like them, stay away from them, starting with me because I'm gay myself."

Taehyung's determined eyes met Jungkook's teary ones. The brunette's widened after the blonde's confession, just as the bullies'.

"Now get lost before I'll tell a teacher."

The two immediately scurried away, leaving Taehyung and Jungkook alone. As soon as the door was closed, Jungkook let out tiny sobs which broke Taehyung's heart.

"Hey, shh~ It's alright, they're gone now." the blonde whispered after pulling the younger into a hug.

Jungkook gripped Taehyung's shirt tightly, his whole body trembling and twitching when he buried his face in the blonde's chest. As the older felt something wet seep through his shirt on his chest, he realised that the Maknae was crying.

"Shh, calm down, everything's fine now." Taehyung mumbled, stroking his back soothingly and occasionally pressing some kisses onto Jungkook's head while he gently rocked him back and forth.

"I-I'm sorry.." Taehyung heard after a while. Surprised, he looked down to see Jungkook wiping his non-stopping tears.

"Why? Why are you sorry, bun?" Taehyung asked and carressed his tear stained cheeks, the nickname rolling of his tongue as if he had always called the younger that way.

"J-just because of m-me, y-you had to w-waste your time and a-admit such a t-thing..." Jungkook stuttered out between silent cries, gripping Taehyung's shirt tighter.

"I-it's all my f-fault. M-maybe I s-should really s-stay away from— mph!"

•••