①⑨

The next day, Jungkook woke up, not knowing how to feel about the whole thing with Taehyung. Of course, he was still hurt because of what the older had texted him via Snapchat, but the problem was that he had to keep quiet about the thing.

The brunette didn't know what to do now and Jungkook couldn't tell anyone about it, not even Yoongi. Because if he did, he would be dead meat before he could say 'Taehyung, I love you'.

He also couldn't act all sad or disappointed infront of Taehyung because the older didn't even know that he texted Jungkook himself, to him it was just his idol that he had a chat with.

Sighing, Jungkook stood up from his bed and grabbed his clothes, quickly changing into them. He made his way down to the kitchen and sat down by the table, dropping his head on its surface.

"Are you alright, Kookie?"

His mom took place next to him, lightly rubbing his back.

"Ugh, why is love so hard, mom?"

"Well, if love were easy it wouldn't be fun, right?"

"That's not helping at all..." the younger whined, but all his mom could do was chuckle.

"Let me tell you a story, Jungkook. Back then when I and your father were in Highschool, your dad was the most popular kid of the campus, whereas I was just a nobody. Lots of people made fun of me but that didn't matter to me. I had friends by my side who always helped me during situations like these. Basically, everything was okay, until I met your father. He was a transfer student from another school and I fell in love with him at first sight. However, unfortunately it didn't take long for every girl in our school to develop a crush on your father."

"But if it was so difficult, how did you end up with him?"

"Truth or dare."

"W-wait what?"

Jungkook's mother laughed briefly, before staring dreamily at her wedding ring.

"Yes, truth or dare. I was dared to walk up to your dad and kiss him on the lips and while I wasn't allowed to explain it to him afterwards. That was, if you can call it that way, the spark of our relationship. At first your father would always annoy and tease me, but back then I didn't mind one bit, although I didn't act that way. Eventually, we grew a lot closer and then it didn't take long for him to ask me out on a date. One date led to many more and soon we confessed our feelings to each other. A few years passed and after the marriage, we moved in together. Soon, you kids were born and I think you know what happened afterwards."

Jungkook's mom smiled and embraced her son tightly.

"Love is always complicated and I know that you know that you can't ever force someone to do something they don't want to. No one can change that, Jungkook. But, what you can change is how the other person sees you. They judge and talk bad about you only because they don't know how you really are. Only if you show them your real character, they can decide whether they're able to return your feelings. If they still reject you, that's no problem because you know that you tried your best. And that's what you should do now. Show Taehyung who you really are and I'm sure he'll be heads over heels for you."

"Moooom!" Jungkook whined, getting embarrassed.

His mom could only respond with a laugh.

"Are you embarrassing our son again?"

They both turned around to see Jungkook's dad standing in the doorway.

"No way, I'd never do such a thing."

She laughed and Jungkook could only roll his eyes, which didn't go unnoticed by his father.

"Hurry up and get outta here."

He winked at his son who mouthed a 'thanks, dad' and dashed out of the house.

•••