⑥⑥

His feet hurt from running and he felt his lungs burning. Jungkook didn't know where he was going because the tears constantly blurred his vision but he also didn't care. He hoped for someone to kill him so that the unbearable pain would finally cease.

It felt like thousands of arrows were drilled through his heart, making it harder for Jungkook to breathe with every second that passed. The air escaped his lips in ragged puffs and Jungkook choked on a sob, almost falling as he tripped over a stone. His thighs felt more and more sore the longer he ran and he just wanted to collapse dead on the ground so that he wouldn't have to continue this purposeless life anymore.

Why did Taehyung even act so nice all of a sudden? He probably just did that so he could reject him easier and show the younger that he could never have him, no matter how much Jungkook wanted. Jungkook cursed the blonde for his unresistable charms and ethereal features but especially himself because he fell for all of them. The younger's heart clenched at how stupid he was to just trust Taehyung. More and more tears ran down the younger's cheeks. How could he think that the older could've possibly liked him, too.

But he got rejected.

Soon, Jungkook's legs gave out and the younger boy hit the ground painfully hard. The skin on his knees tore open, his palms being the same as his whole body hit the concrete. He let out pained cry but the wounds weren't the reason.

No physical pain could ever be compared to the ache his heart was feeling right now. He should've listened to Yoongi and not texted Taehyung when he had the chance to. It had turned out the exact way Yoongi predicted it and Jungkook felt horrible for not believing his best friend.

Struggling to get up again, Jungkook fell to his bleeding knees, not being able to stand up properly. His cries and sobs filled the empty street and his injuries began to hurt badly but Jungkook didn't care. He just wanted to be with Taehyung, to receive kisses and hugs from him, to cuddle him and tell him how much he loved him.

Jungkook was pulled back into reality as he felt tiny raindrops hit his lowered head. He slowly looked up, letting the water droplets fall onto his face until they mixed with his never-stopping tears. Jungkook didn't know for how long he kneed there, just looking up at the pouring sky, eyes emotionsless. His whole body felt numb and his wounded hands and knees were hurting but the younger didn't give a shit. Until he heard a voice calling out to him.

"...kook! Jungkook!!"

Slowly, the brunette turned to see Yoongi running towards him, the mint-haired boy being just as soaked as him.

"Jungkook! Hey, are you alright?" Yoongi asked worriedly as he reached him, cupping the younger's face with his hands.

Tears running down the younger's cheeks, Jungkook threw himself at Yoongi, not caring to ask why he was there. He apologised over and over again while his best friend just quietly listened to him, holding the quivering younger close.

"I-I'm so sorry, Yoongz. S-should've listened to you w-when you told me that I-I should stop t-texting Taehyung," he cried, gripping the wet fabric of Yoongi's clothing, "b-but I d-did it. I-I still texted him and I'm s-so sorry hyung! I-I know you just wanted t-to protect me b-but I was just to stupid a-and naive... Y-you don't need to f-forgive me, I-I'm okay with that.. A-and I promise that f-from now, I-I'll always listen to you!"

Jungkook cried and cried, burying his face in the smaller boy's chest, not stopping to apologise for one second.

"Hush, it's alright, baby bunny.." Yoongi mumbled, watching Jungkook ease up in his embrace after hearing the nickname, then looking up at him with bloodshot and puffy eyes.

"Y-you're not mad?" he sniffled and Yoongi chuckled.

"I'm not mad." he clarified, while stroking Jungkook's head.

"Because I already knew. When Taehyung was at the hospital and we all visited him one day, you left because we teased you, remember? You were gone for like an hour and in this time Taehyung talked to us about kookie97 and how much they were texting each other. At first I was a bit disappointed because you basically betrayed me but then I figured you probably had your reasons to text him. But everything that happened was your fault, so I hope you learn from those mistakes. And I forgive you, you know I can't be mad at you for long, you bunny."

By the time he finished, Jungkook was giggling again, nestling his head against Yoongi's chest.

"Come on, get up or you'll catch a cold."

Helping the younger stand up, the mint-haired male gasped when the brunette winced due to his bruised knees.

"Holy shit, what happened to your knees? Fuck, your hands are also bleeding!" Yoongi realised, voice alarmed.

"It's alright, I just fell down before." Jungkook reassured, but when he started to limp the mint-haired male knew that it hurt more than Jungkook made it look like.

"C'mon Kook, let's go to my house." Yoongi sighed, wrapping an arm around Jungkook's waist to stabilize him, the brunette holding himself up on his best friend's shoulder.

"Jungkook!!"

Both boys stopped abruptly and turned around, seeing the others running towards them. Jungkook's grip on Yoongi's shoulder tightened as he saw Taehyung.

"I-I don't wanna see him, p-please get me out of here." Jungkook whispered desperately, knees almost giving out at the sight of Taehyung, the pain from earlier spreading through his whole body again.

"Don't worry, I will." Yoongi reassured him softly, gaze hardening as the five boys stopped infront of them, panting hard.

Taehyung's eyes widened in horror at the sight of Jungkook's condition and he gulped as he saw that the younger was bleeding.

"J-Jungkook, I-I—" he began, stepping forward but Yoongi was quick to place himself inbetween them.

"Don't you dare come closer! I told you before and now you're doing it again! You've already hurt my best friend enough!" Yoongi growled and Taehyung guiltily took a step backwards.

"I-I just wanted to apologise—"

"It's too late for that!" Yoongi cut him off harshly, eyes turning dangerously dark.

"B-but I—"

"NO BUTS!!" Yoongi screamed and the five boys flinched, the mint-haired male's face showing that he was ready to murder anyone who dared to speak up.

"We're going. And if I see anyone trying to follow us, I won't hesitate to fight them."

Yoongi glared at Taehyung before gently nudging Jungkook to make him start walking. Taehyung had never felt so bad in his entire life as he watched Yoongi walking away with a limping Jungkook. Suddenly, the youngest glanced back and when their eyes met, a tear full of pain and sorrow fell down his cheek. Taehyung's eyes widened and he stopped breathing completely as a tear rolled down his own cheek.

He fucked up big time.

•••

while writing this i constantly had to think about my group of friends who's very special to me❤️

bangtan family, thanks for always being there for me wuv u guys🤧💜