⑥④

After they finished their food (which Jungkook insisted to pay for), they walked towards the grass area where the firework would take place, seeing that already tons of people had settled down there.

"Can we go to a, uh, more secluded place, please?" Taehyung asked and pointed on his mask.

"S-sure." Jungkook answered, mentally hitting himself for stuttering.

But who could blame him? He was about to confess to the person he was crushing on for two years. Jungkook felt his heart beating faster and faster each time he glanced at his watch. Even Taehyung had noticed the younger's nervousness by now but he didn't understand why the brunette was checking the time like every twenty seconds.

Without saying anything the two started searching for a suitable and quiet place. By the time they found one the firework was only ten minutes away and the brunette just wanted to run away, his nervousness eating him up from inside. Taehyung and Jungkook sat down on the edge of the plateau which was maybe 4-5 meters above the ground. Trees and bushes surrounded them from behind and they could overlook the whole crowd who was impatiently waiting for the firework.

"I'm sorry, Jungkook. Just because of me we had to search for this place." Taehyung apologised to which the younger responded with shaking his head frantically.

"No, it's fine!" he reassured the other quickly and Taehyung smiled at him, pulling off his mask.

Jungkook gulped silently and tried to calm himself down but a glance at his watch had him freaking out.

Only 9 minutes left.

"Hey, are you alright?"

Jungkook let out an unmanly squeal as Taehyung's face appeared infront of his own. The blonde giggled at the other's cute reaction.

"Tell me, what's up?" he smiled, resting his hand on Jungkook's thigh.

"N-n-nothing, I-I'm o-okay." the younger stuttered, scared that the blonde might hear his loud heartbeat.

"But you don't seem alright."

Tilting his head, Taehyung squinted his eyes, now feeling the heat radiating off Jungkook's cheeks.

"I-I am." the younger squeaked, quickly looking down.

"If you say so." Taehyung laughed and pulled out his phone to see what time it is.

"Look, only 7 minutes left!"

Jungkook nodded, panic washing over him as he desperately tried to remember what Yoongi told him. But it was useless, his mind was completely blank and he couldn't focus because fear and nervousness got the best of him.

Jungkook was scared that Taehyung didn't like him, that he would laugh at him after confessing, that he would choose his famous self over him since Taehyung already confessed that to Jungkook, but the younger still had hope. However, his fear was still a lot bigger than hope.

"Could it be that you're scared of fireworks?"

That sudden question threw Jungkook off-guard and with big, surprised eyes he blinked at Taehyung who sighed at the younger's reaction.

"Oh my god, why didn't you tell me sooner? We could've gone somewhere else!"

"I-I'm not scared of fireworks!" Jungkook protested weakly.

"Suuuure." Taehyung smirked and rolled his eyes.

"I'm not!" Jungkook growled immediately and the blonde gasped in surprise.

Again, the younger's eyes emitted such a strong dominance to which Taehyung would love to submit to. Confused by his own thoughts, the older nodded timidly and looked down onto the floor.

"But you know you can trust me, right? If there's anything that scares you, tell me." Taehyung assured him softly, moving closer to the younger and putting his hand on top of Jungkook's.

"I will..." the brunette whispered, slowly intertwining their hands.

Now, both sat there with a mild blush coating their cheeks and remained silent, until they heard a child screaming loudly.

"Mommy! Three minutes moreee!"

Jungkook froze, the time has come. In the next two minutes time had just flown by way too fast for the younger. As the last minute began, his heartbeat skyrocketed again and he gulped, trying to get mentally ready. Jungkook knew he had to do this now or else he wouldn't ever be able to gather his courage to try it again.

So he stared at the beautiful boy next to him from up close for one last time because he knew Taehyung wasn't going to reciprocate his feelings and their ways would most likely part after this. With one last glance at his watch, Jungkook sighed shakily and turned towards Taehyung.

"H-hyung?"

"What is it Jungkook?" Taehyung asked.

"I-I need to tell you something."

Suddenly, the crowd started counting down from ten to one.

Ten!

Nine!

"Tell me later, Jungkook, the firework's about to start!"

Eight!

"N-no, you have to listen to me now." Jungkook uttered, withdrawing his hand from Taehyung's to grab broth of his hyung's hands.

Seven!

Six!

Five!

"T-Taehyung, I..." he began, cheeks red.

Three!

Two!

"I-I ..."

Taehyung's widened.

Jungkook huffed and looked up into Taehyung's shining eyes.

One!

"I like you, Kim Taehyung."

Boom.

Beneath them the crowd began to cheer as the beautiful and colorful firework began to brighten the dark sky.

•••