②④

"What is taking him so long?"

Jungkook's mom growled lowly and already stood up to look for her missing son.

"He, uh, needed to add something to, uh, his part of the project!" Taehyung quickly rambled.

He didn't know why he was helping Jungkook, probably because the blonde felt guilty of his actions and his harsh words at the end.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know! I thought Kookie was already done." she smiled apologetically and sat down again.

Quietly, they ate the food cooked by Ms. Jeon until they heard someone coming downstairs a few minutes later. Taehyung didn't dare to look up from his plate as Jungkook sat down infront of him, putting food on his plate aswell.

"Kookie, did you cry?"

That's when Taehyung snapped his head into the younger's direction. His mother's question made Jungkook visibly tense up and he lowered his head to hide his face behind his bangs.

"Of course not, mom..." he mumbled, cheeks tinted red.

"Don't lie to me, I can clearly see it!"

Ms. Jeon crossed her arms, cocking an eyebrow.

"What happened, baby? Did you two fight?" she questioned in a softer voice.

"Mom!! I told you not to call me that!" Jungkook whined out of embarrassment, the redness of his cheeks spreading all over his face.

"You're always gonna be my little baby, Jungkook. But what happened upstairs?"

"Mom, please! Not now!" Jungkook pleaded.

"You're telling me right now, Jeon Jungkook! How can I ignore something that made you cry?"

Jungkook gritted his teeth. Why did his mom have to overreact in this exact situation? The younger prayed she would stop because he didn't want Taehyung to be disgusted or think weird of his family and especially of him.

"Did you perhaps... tell him?"

The clinking sound of Jungkook's fork falling onto the ground was the last thing that could be heard before a dead silence entered the room. The three other males blinked once, twice.

What was she talking about?

Taehyung glanced at Jungkook and the younger looked like he just suffered a heart attack. His eyes were wide as saucers, Taehyung didn't even know it was possible to this extent. Jungkook's face was now completely red and his ears glowed.

"So you did? Oh my, that's probably why you cried! My poor baby, I'll hug-"

"JUST SHUT UP, I DIDN'T!!" Jungkook screamed, cutting his mom off and stormed out of the house without saying another word.

"Jungkook! Come back!"

"No!" Mr. Jeon held his wife back, who was about to follow Jungkook.

"Just sit down and eat, dear. He'll eventually calm down, believe me." he soothed her.

"Alright.." she sighed before turning to Taehyung.

"I'm sorry you had to see that, Taehyung. Jungkook usually isn't like that, he is just a little... overwhelmed with stuff at the moment." she smiled weakly.

Taehyung nodded understandingly and slowly everyone continued to eat their food again. They finished half an our later and out their plates into the sink while actually having nice conversations by now.

"And then I became Spider-Man!" Minjoon beamed.

"That's awesome, I'm sure you'll be good Spider-Man in the play." Taehyung smiled, having lots of fun talking to the small boy.

"Alright, Mini, you can tell us more about your role when Taehyung is gone, I'm pretty sure he's not so much into it as you are." Jungkook's dad chuckled and patted his son's head.

Returning the smile, the model then threw a glance at his watch, gasping when he realised how late it already was.

"It's pretty late now, I guess I should call someone to fetch me." Taehyung suggested, but Ms. Jeon was quick to stop him.

"Oh, please stay a bit longer! I still feel bad about earlier, so why don't you stay to watch a movie with us? I'm sure Jungkook will be back soon and he would also be very happy to see you before you go."

"I-I, uh..." Taehyung stuttered surprised.

"Why not..?"

•••